YMCA DOWNSLINK GROUP
What is Sexual Exploitation Project Worker – Surrey
Location: Staines, Surrey UK (flexible working)
Fixed Term to 31st May 2022 with possibility of extension
22 hours per week
£27,140 per annum (pro-rata)
£16,137 per annum (actual)
Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding role that can make a huge difference to a vulnerable young person’s life?
YMCA Downslink group are seeking an experienced project worker to join our innovative, award winning WiSE team. You will be providing holistic and child centred support to children and young people ranging from 10 – 25 years old across North Surrey.
The WiSE Project supports children and young people experiencing, or at risk of sexual exploitation. This role is funded by Heathrow Community Trust and will support children and young people within the boroughs of Spelthorne and Runnymede in Surrey.
You will be co-located at Staines Police Station with their Exploitation Team, but with opportunities to work from home. However, much of your time will be spent supporting children and young people within the community and the role involve significant time lone working.
We prefer to see experience in supporting children and young people who have experienced abuse or trauma. This role may suit someone with a charity, youth or social work background.
Core Role Responsibilities
* Provide intense support to a caseload of children and young people who have been identified as being at significant risk of, or victims of sexual exploitation, with the possibility of some cases being victims of criminal exploitation
* Creating and delivering holistic, child-centred support plans to keep them safe from harm and increase their understanding of sexual and criminal exploitation
* Provide expertise and advocate for children and young people within multi-disciplinary safeguarding meetings and work collaboratively with other professionals to support interventions which keep children and young people safe and disrupt the activity of perpetrators
* Offer support and guidance to other professionals, to develop their skills and knowledge when working with children at risk of exploitation
* Experience of case work with young people aged 10 to 25 years old and delivering holistic, child centred support
* Experience of working with vulnerable young people who have experienced abuse or trauma
* A Current driving licence and access to your own car
This is challenging, yet very rewarding work. Line management and case support will be provided by YMCA DownsLink Group. WiSE staff receive regular 1-to-1 clinical supervision and group Reflective Practice Supervision.
If after reading the role profile you have questions about the role please contact Charlotte Amor, WiSE Project Manager on (phone number removed).
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Roles based within the Police station, will also be required to undertake additional police vetting.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th January 2021 at 9am
Interview date: TBC
To apply, please visit our website
Please note that we do not accept CVs. When submitting your application please save your application form as ‘your full name APPLICATION’ and put the job title/location in the email subject line. Please submit your application as a Word document where or PDF (we cannot accept Pages) via email