We are looking to recruit a Frozen Warehouse Manager to lead a large team working over a fast 24/7 operation responsible for picking orders for our shops at our distribution centre in Avonmouth, Bristol.
Playing a vital part in our supply chain process, they will oversee the efficient receipt, storage and delivery of goods to our shops, ready for our customers. To achieve this, they manage people, processes and systems. They are responsible for ensuring targets are met. They also ensure Health & Safety requirements are followed and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
Pay, working hours & benefits:
We offer a competitive starting salary of £35,000 rising to £39,000 following the successful completion of a 6 month probation period.
In addition to your pay you will also benefit from:
– 30 days annual leave.
– Free canteen facilities.
– 15% staff discount to use in any of our 300+ shops on a great range of food and household essentials.
– A smart uniform and all PPE provided at no cost to you.
– Free life assurance.
– Workplace pension.
As our frozen warehouse manager you will be responsible for:
* Planning, co-ordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods;
* Having a clear understanding of the Company’s policies, values, vision and how the warehouse contributes to these;
* Ensuring stock control systems are up-to-date;
* Organising the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring performance and progress;
* Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded;
* Maintaining standards of Health & Safety and ensuring security in the work environment;
* Overseeing the planned maintenance of machinery and equipment;
* Manage 24/7 multi-shift teams;
* Plan, manage and adjust staffing levels to meet operational requirements;
* Ensure all warehouse costs are controlled and maintained at a minimum level;
* Maintain the highest hygiene standards.
You will need:
* To be a good all round communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Strong planning and organisational skills;
* To be a strong people manager, who can lead and develop an effective team;
* Assertiveness, prepared to see through plans and overcome obstacles;
* To provide clear and strong direction.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who has previous warehouse management experience and is looking to progress their career further.
A bit about us:
Farmfoods are a family business with ambition. We pride ourselves on offering our customers great value, quality products from clean and tidy shops with the friendliest team in retail.
We aim to offer sensational value to customers on a great range of everyday family oriented goods. We back up our sensational value with a focus on delivering an ‘old fashioned’, genuine and friendly customer experience.
Our distribution operation is are the backbone of our business playing an essential part in serving our customers by ensuring our shops have everything they need to deliver a great service