Test Centre Manager – Hull
Pearson VUE ( pearsonvue.com ) has been a pioneer in the computer-based testing
industry for decades, delivering more than 15 million certification and
licensure exams annually in every industry from academia and admissions to IT
and healthcare. We are the global leaders in developing and delivering high-
stakes exams via the world’s most comprehensive network of nearly 20,000 Test
Centres in 180 countries. Our leadership in the assessment industry is a result
of our collaborative partnerships with a broad range of clients, from leading
technology firms to government and regulatory agencies.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world’s leading learning company with
global-reach and market-leading businesses and listed on both the London and
New York Stock Exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). Pearson VUE is featured on The
Forbes list of Best Employers and The Stonewall Top 100 Employers list, and we
are recognised in the Best Employers for Diversity 2019 awards.
We are now hiring for a Test Centre Manager to join our team based in Hull .
Please note this is a Part Time position offering 30 hours per week . This
position is a permanent role.
* Part Time position, you will be required to work 30 hours per week
* You will be required to work a variety of days and specific shifts cannot
be specified. We will endeavour to let you know your work pattern 2 to 4
weeks in advance.
* A flexible approach to working is essential for this position as opening
hours can vary according to business need
The appointed individual will be responsible for the efficient delivery of
tests to candidates. This is achieved by following procedures and guidelines
provided by the company, whilst ensuring the highest standards of customer
service are maintained at all times. The individual will also be responsible
for the continual enhancement of the brand image.
* Able to work independently as well as part of a team
* Line manager for all test centre staff regarding employee relations,
training & development, absence and performance management. Carry out 1-
2-1 meetings, Performance Reviews and Development Reviews. Conduct
interviews and recruit new staff as required.
* Oversee overall day-to-day operation of the centre, co-ordinate
activities and instructions from Regional Managers and other Test Centre
Management, and undertake reasonable additional duties to ensure the
smooth running of the test centre.
* Maintain and update local site administration and documentation.
* Ensure all compliance standards relating to the test centre operation and
Pearson VUE stringent security protocols are adhered to.
* Ensure personal responsibility for understanding and delivery of testing
following updates and changes to client requirements / testing, as they
* Create draft site staffing schedules, and collect test centre time
keeping records, for communication to the Regional Manager.
* Create and send other reports and information as requested by the
* Serve as the local contact point for operations, building management,
site security, deliveries, vendors, etc, and escalate issues to the
Regional Manager as appropriate.
* Verify correct staffing levels are maintained according to plan, and
notify the Regional Manager of any and all staffing issues.
* Monitor supplies inventory, and order inventory when applicable within
* Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
* Ensure candidates needs are met with understanding and respect.
* Ensure equipment is operational and test stations are in working order to
* Process candidates sign-in (including verification of candidate
identity) according to Pearson VUE and client procedures.
* Explain the test process to candidates and deal with other queries as
* Ensure the integrity and security of tests are maintained and that they
are supervised/invigilated to the required standard.
* Print and provide post-test score reports to candidates as required.
* Periodic download and review of examinations and test centre schedules.
* Review test schedule and ensure the preparation for candidates (including
those with special needs) is made.
* Perform daily test centre opening and closing procedures.
* Liaise with Pearson VUE technical support staff to investigate and
resolve technical issues.
* Undertake all accreditations and skills checks as required by the
* Help to ensure a clean, professional, quiet testing atmosphere in the
* Support and deliver any events and alternative test delivery processes as
defined, both in permanent and temporary locations.
* You will be based in one of the Pearson VUE test centres but some local
travel to other PPC s or temporary locations may be required.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against
employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on
relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the
workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It
will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the
* Experience of co-ordinating and administering activities of a team
* Strong administration and reporting skills
* Able to function as a representative and professional contact point for
internal and external stakeholders
* Good face-to-face communication skills with experience in a customer
* Strong attention to detail
* Able to work independently as well as part of a team
* Must enjoy working with people, be comfortable in a quiet environment and
have effective time management skills
Primary Location: GB-GB-Hull
Work Locations: GB-Hull-Kingston House South Kingston House South- Unit 14/15
Bond Street Hull HU1 3EN
Job: Testing Center
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2020
Job Unposting: Sep 21, 2020
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 2008703
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of
E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected
veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Show moreShow less
The role At HMRC, we influence all aspects of society: in addition to the collection of tax and the payment...Apply For This Job
The NRLA is the largest membership organisation, representing landlords across England and Wales. It was formed by the merger of...Apply For This Job
What will my role look like? Euro Garages owe our success to our employees and we are committed to providing...Apply For This Job
Store Colleague Part-time, 8.72 per hour ========================= Ref: 12856 Salary: 8.72 per hour Hours: Part-time Contracted Hours: 16 Contract Type:...Apply For This Job
Are you a confident negotiator and able to solve problems through using your initiative? If so, this could be the...Apply For This Job