Salary: Competitve base+ Excellent benefits
Great brands have a great story. Ours is legendary.
In 1854, Elisha Otis travelled to the New York World's Fair to promote his new invention. Standing high above the crowd on a platform elevator, he ordered the retaining rope cut. The crowd cried out. His safety brake held. And in that moment, one man changed the world's perspective on what's possible, sending it rising up.
Would you like to join a truly international, talent driven company with values that focus on Performance, Quality, Innovation and Employee Opportunity?
We are looking for a Technical Surveyor to assist the sales team with technical sales support when pricing and reviewing tenders or modernisation opportunities. Responsibilities will include;
* Carrying out full site surveys of existing equipment, recording all operating parameters and key data to allow an accurate proposal to be generated.
* Once a unit has been won, you will be responsible for carrying out the ordering survey, logging the order on the factory/company ordering systems, raising purchase requisitions for the additional non package items with local suppliers.
* You will work with the local project teams to ensure a complete site solution is in place prior to job start, liaising with the field engineers to support additional requests when required.
* Reviewing the accuracy of the proposed solution through to installation and advising the estimating team and operations managers on the updates needed to pricing to give a more robust Modernisation delivery in the future.
We are interested in receiving applications from Surveyors or highly experienced Lift Engineers with the following Experience and Qualifications;
* Working technical knowledge of Lifts
* NVQ Level 3 qualified (or equivalent) in Lift Engineering (Preferred)
* Experience in the safe working practices for working on and around the Lift itself is essential
* A full driving license and willingness to cover extended areas if required
* Ability to understand layout drawings and installation wiring drawings
* High technical understanding and appreciation
* Strong computer literacy
* The knowledge of the Modernisation products and processes would be desirable
* Knowledge of how to carry out Modernisation and Full Replacement would be desirable
* Ability to operate CAD
Salary and Benefits
* Competitive base salary, a company vehicle, overtime and other allowances
* Benefits which include pension, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), Life Assurance, Childcare Vouchers, Paid Maternity, Paternity and Sick leave, reduced rate private medical insurance, and access to the Otis Rewards Scheme
* Employee Scholarship Scheme – Otis will support you through your studies if you wish to gain further qualifications including Bachelors and Masters Degrees
Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success
Field Engineer The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform...Apply For This Job
Are you an experienced Mechanical and Electrical Engineer? Do you have experience gained within Facilities Management or Construction? Can you...Apply For This Job
Glass Technician Being the Difference…… Talented and friendly Technicians are what makes our business so successful here at Autoglass®. As...Apply For This Job
Plumber About Gas LTD is a family run business with over 20 years’ experience, covering all aspects of Heating and...Apply For This Job
Wykes Engineering is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy...Apply For This Job