Moy Park are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Technical Manager for our busy site in Ballymena. As Technical Manager you will have full responsibility for all technical aspects of the factory, ensuring that the physical factory and its operation provide for food safety, consistently meet Customer and legal requirements, and work towards best practice. You will be responsoble for the leadership and development of the site technical team.
* Responsible, in conjunction with site senior team, for developing the site Technical Policy, providing input into the overall business strategy and Food Safety and Quality targets.
* Implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of a HACCP based quality system, such that, as a minimum, required approvals (typically BRC and customer standards) are achieved and food quality/safety/legality standards are consistently met.
* Auditing of the factory environment and activities to enable full assessment of standards being achieved and any weaknesses to be identified.
* Management and development of the technical team and specific members of the NPD team (as per organisational structure above), to include recruitment and selection, training and development, performance monitoring, counselling and disciplining.
* Responsibility for the identification, segregation and traceability of quality assured product.
* Working closely with the Category Product Innovation and Development Manager and Operational team to firstly agree and then jointly manage the Site Product Innovation and Development Technologist’s objectives/ KPIs
* Effectively manage the workload and priorities, whilst encouraging ownership, responsibility and team unity
* Reporting of technical performance of the business, both internally and externally. Ensuring relevant internal personnel are fully aware of technical status and issues which require their input to improve.
* Provision of technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of technical issues.
* Working with Customers / Statutory Bodies, implementation of legislation and Customer standards. During factory visits and audits, providing information required and implementing corrective actions where necessary and providing formal responses.
* Work closely with Production and service departments to drive improvement in technical standards and performance (product, process and environmental)
* Ensure that new equipment and fabrication will enhance technical performance, and not reduce it.
* Product / process / environmental improvements to meet Customer and legislative requirements and progress against internal KPIs.
* Analysis of microbiological and chemical results / trends and determination of corrective action / preventative measures as required
* Management of serious incidents and corrective actions / preventative measures. Ensuring corrective actions are taken to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
* Investigate and evaluate options for new technologies; lead their implementation.
* To monitor and control any negative environmental impact arising from the processes within area of responsibility; ensuring that all direct reports and colleagues are briefed and clear in regards to their responsibilities as outlined in the Moy Park Group Risk Management System Manual.
* To work in accordance with Health & Safety as outlined in the Health & Safety and Environmental Responsibilities DCN 2586.
* Working with group functions to maintain and develop the existing Food Quality a& Safety systems
* Driving customer complaint reductions through raw material management and process control.
Essential Criteria :
3rd level qualification in relevant discipline, or equivalent.
Quality management experience
Experience in the food industry
Experience with major multiples
Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and organisational skills.
Experience of leading and developing a team.
Initiative, self-motivated, well organised and assertive.
Logical approach, excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
Working knowledge of BRC standard, HACCP, Policies/ Codes of Practice for some of the major UK retailers, Food Legislation, and Food Hygiene
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic organisation, for further information please contact Christine Kennedy
About The Role The care sector is such a rich and rewarding place to work. There is variety in your...Apply For This Job
About The Role Registered Nurse Stadium Court, Greyhound Way, Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST6 3LL As a Registered Nurse at Stadium...Apply For This Job
About The Role Positive Behaviour Support Worker Job description This is a graduate-level post, ideally for those with either Psychology...Apply For This Job
Join our supportive team today! As a Registered Nurse or Mental Health Nurse in Flint, Chester and the surrounds, you'll...Apply For This Job
About The Role Manor House – HC One Care home company Huntingdon Road, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE26 2QQ As a Registered...Apply For This Job