ABOUT THE ROLE
Liberty Speciality Steels currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Maintenance Engineer to join our team on a 6-month fixed term contract basis.
Based at our High Value Manufacturing site in Stocksbridge, the roles involved supporting the Process Control department with operational responsibility for all services provided by the department. This includes the maintenance, quality assurance and development of a wide range of process control equipment. The postholder will ensure continued compliance with relevant company/statutory standards and accreditation for customer quality assurances.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* Expert knowledge of process control and its application.
* Qualified to Degree / HND or HNC in electrical engineering.
* Achieved, or actively working towards, professional engineering status of Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng).
* Detailed knowledge of electrical safety, health, safety and environmental legislation.
* Detailed knowledge of quality management systems and external auditing requirements
* A sound understanding and experience of the theory and practice, in the below ( list not exhaustive):-
* Instrumentation and Control
* Plant sensors, transducers and detectors
* PLC and PC systems and languages
* SQL and databases, bespoke IT systems.
* Quality standards, procedures and auditing Inc. ISO9001, TS 16949, AS9100, IS(phone number removed), and NADCAP standards.
* Process control, Process systems, and networks.
* Process Safety
* Process Hazards Analysis Methodologies, Hazard and Operability study (HAZOP)
* Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
* Safety Instrumented System quantitative analysis
* Risk Analysis and Assessment Methodologies: Fault & Event Tree Analysis
The Technical Maintenance Engineer will hold the following skills and experience;
* Strong Drive, Motivation and Commitment: the extent to which the individual is self-starting and self-motivated and the degree and consistency of energy / enthusiasm which is committed in the pursuit of objectives and business goals.
* The post holder should have good analytical skills and the ability to assimilate, organise and analyse pertinent information for logic-based problem solving.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Able to communicate in clear concise manner, both in writing and orally, communicating honestly, clearly and directly, making effective use of communication technology.
* Computer literate with practical experience of INFOR.
* Project management skills.
* A team worker, with a flexible approach to work.
* Ability to interpret external quality standards into process operations.
* 35 days holiday
* Up to 16% combined pension contribution
* Access to Occupational Health
* Career progression
LIBERTY Steel Group, part of the GFG Alliance and a leading GREENSTEEL producer, is a global integrated steel business bringing together assets across the steel supply chain, from production of liquid steel from raw and recycled materials through to high value precision engineered steels. With a total rolling capacity of 20 million tonnes, 200 manufacturing locations globally across 12 countries and employing more than 30,000 people, LIBERTY Steel’s furnaces, mills, services centres and distribution sites across the UK, continental Europe, Australia, the United States and China serve demanding sectors such as construction, energy, aerospace, automotive, and infrastructure. LIBERTY Steel is a leader in sustainable industry with a mission to become Carbon Neutral by 2030 (CN30).
LIBERTY’s GREENSTEEL strategy seeks to transform steel making through increased use of steel recycling in electric arc furnaces (EAF), application of low carbon and renewable energy sources to power industrial processes and use of hydrogen instead of coking coal as a reducing agent for iron ore through Direct Reduce Iron (DRI) plants to remove CO2 emissions from steel making