Contract Type: Maternity Cover, Full-Time. The staff member is due to return to work on 22 November 2021 As the staff member is required to give 8 weeks’ notice of their return, the above return date may be brought forward or extended.
About the Service/Department:
Our Domestic Abuse Service across Kensington and Chelsea providing emergency refuge accommodation to women and their children fleeing domestic abuse. We provide a trauma-informed temporary emergency accommodation to women and their children (if any) who have left abusive situations.
The service comprises of two refuges, providing full housing management and support facilities; and access to our award-winning peer support ‘Butterfly’ Programme.
The service is designed to empower and support women in determining their own futures. We do this through providing practical and emotional support, appropriate advice and advocacy for women living at the refuge on such matters as; housing, welfare benefits, legal options, health, education, training and child care.
The service has close contacts with a number of partners within the borough including statutory and voluntary organisations. We seek to integrate with local and national Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) forums and groups to ensure that we can represent the voice of the service user.
* Excellent self-management skills including organising and managing own time and ability to respond to urgent requests for management information
* Ability to lead and motivate a team
* Ability to complete and record financial transactions, i.e. petty cash, budgeting, etc.
* To participate in the out of hours emergency on call rota
* Able to use computer provider systems to create accurate reports and able to audit staff ability to use computer provider systems to record client data accurately and to a high standard
* Good oral, written, administration and IT communication skills
* Experience of working within a multi-agency setting
* knowledge of legal, statutory, regulatory and good practice requirements applicable to the provision of supported housing
* Ability to represent the organisation professionally to a wide range of people including service users, multi-disciplinary teams and commissioners
* Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately
* Schedule 9 (1a) of the Equality Act 2010 applies to this position – (Only Female applicants please)
The Role: Key Responsibilities
* Under the direction of the Service Manager, to line manage, lead, motivate and support the team
* Identifying, developing and sharing best practice for working with the diversity of people using the service
* Support the team to develop co-produced group activities, peer support networks and other community-based approaches to empowering service users to achieve their goals and aspirations and to encourage service users to access these opportunities
* Support the team in their liaisons with professionals within the community such as social work teams, housing providers, health professionals, JCP etc
* Work flexibly as part of a team to ensure service coverage and that contractual obligations are met
* Manage the staff rota and ensure duty cover
* Actively monitor the health, wellbeing, safety and security of the service and its users ensuring all concerns are followed up promptly and in line with procedures
* Participate in the core work of the service, providing support to colleagues, carrying out tasks allocated by the team leader and service manager and using initiative to identify and deal with additional tasks as they arise
* Ensure that administration is done in good time; that detailed, concise and accurate records are created contemporaneously and that confidentiality is appropriately maintained.
* To maintain the continuing relevance of services to service users, needs and local authority requirements by ongoing planning, monitoring, evaluating and effective service delivery.
* To achieve agreed standards of service delivery in compliance with relevant legislation, contract requirements and Hestia policies.
* To manage health and safety, maintenance, rent/charges collection, arrears control, and voids control, across the service.
* To manage rent/charges collection, issuing of occupancy agreements, service reviews, etc in accommodation based services as required. Provide continuity of service user support by ensuring referrals, assessments, service reviews and support planning procedures operate effectively.
Please see the attached job pack for more information
Hestia supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions. We campaign and advocate nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home, to helping them to get the right mental health support, we support people at the moment of crisis and enable them to build a life beyond crisis. We are supported by more than 460 volunteers who provide specialist skills such as art therapy yoga, IT, gardening, cooking as well as befriending and fundraising.
Holidays: 195 hours per year, plus 62.4 hours public holidays (full time equivalent). Our holiday year runs from April until March.
Safeguarding: Hestia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people who are potentially at risk, and we therefore expect all staff and volunteers to do the same. We require all staff to undertake internal and external safeguarding training throughput their employment with Hestia.
This job description is subject to change depending on the needs of the service
Up to £9.50 per hour ABOUT THE ROLEAs a Care Assistant at a Barchester care home, you’ll help residents enjoy...Apply For This Job
ABOUT THE ROLEAs a Senior Care Assistant at a Barchester care home, you’ll look after the different needs of our...Apply For This Job
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services...Apply For This Job
Qualified Dental Nurse – Full and Part-time available – Matlock, Derbyshire Our talented and friendly team of dental professionals at...Apply For This Job
Whether you are a ward manager or experienced nurse from the (NHS or private care) looking for the next step...Apply For This Job