At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability, mental health needs or behaviours that may challenge. Affinity Trust are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
Job Summary and Duties
An exciting opportunity has become available within Glenfield to join Affinity Trust working as Team Leader; this role will involve supporting five adults with physical disabilities and mental health needs within two supported living homes.
You will maintain a high level of ongoing daily support to a team of Support Workers as well as senior management to ensure the highest level of care is provided to the people we support.
Whilst experience is essential to be considered for the role, we will equip the successful candidate with up to date training to ensure they have all the skills needed to provide the very highest standard of support. This is an ideal post for a Senior Support Worker / Team Leader employed within a similar role, or an experienced Support Worker wanting to move into the next stage of their career.
It is essential to be a driver with access to your on vehicle for work purposes.
Skills and Experience
Working as a Team Leader you will play a key role in the day to day management of the service(s), and the support team. You will need to be experienced in supporting adults with learning disabilities and have skills and interests in direct line management of staff and developing others. As a Team Leader you will have the drive to work alongside your team to achieve positive outcomes for the people we support; therefore daily tasks within this role may include:
* Providing support and supervision to a team
* Managing the rota
* Ensuring staff are full trained
* Acting as an on the job role model, whilst providing feedback and coaching where needed
* Completing administrative tasks- including risks assessments and updating person centred care plans
(Please note that this role will also involve being part of on-call rota, to ensure staff have access to support whenever needed)
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
* Gained (or be willing to work towards) a level 3 Qualification and Credit Framework Diploma (QCF)
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and written (IT skills are also highly desirable)
* The flexibility and willingness to work shifts as well as be on an on call rota
* A full driving license (and access to a vehicle)
* Proven relevant experience working in the Health and Social Care Sector
Affinity trust don't just offer fun and rewarding careers but also a range of benefits:
• 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
• Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
• Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)- Childcare vouchers
• Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
• Occupational Health support- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
• Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
• Refer a friend scheme
Be the difference, change lives.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, which will be provided
by Affinity Trust. Affinity Trust are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief
Introduction Are you a Registered Staff Nurse looking for a new opportunity to work in an organisation that will help...Apply For This Job
We believe that everyone deserves to receive the highest standards of care As a Registered Nurse or Mental Health Nurse...Apply For This Job
£15.76 per hour ABOUT THE ROLEAs a Registered Nurse (RGN/RMN) at a Barchester care home, you’ll look after the physical,...Apply For This Job
About The Role ** This is a part time contract ** ** We have days and night contracts available **...Apply For This Job
NIGHT SUPPORT WORKER Benefits £8.72ph 40 hours per week (various hours and shifts available to suit your lifestyle) 20 days...Apply For This Job