Posting date: 15 September 2020
Salary: Not specified
Additional salary information: 11
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 15 October 2020
Location: Dundonald, South Ayrshire, Scotland
Company: Ayrshire Independent Living Network (AILN)
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: Dundonald/EG/28hrs & 1S/O
F/T Support Worker / Drivers required
4 posts available all @ 28hrs and 1 S/O per week per person, but employer willing to discuss variable options re working hrs.
Rate of pay: 11 per hr daytime and 11 per hr sleepover (sleepover is 10pm – 8am)
– 112hrs and 4 sleepovers flexible, per 4 week period, per employee
– 6 month probationary period.
– Successful applicant must be highly flexible around working days and times
– Will be required to work extra hours to cover for other staff A/L , Days of work to be discussed at interview
– Full clean Drivers licence required
Must be a confident / competent driver
Experience in care sector is preferable, but not essential
Must have a current Moving & Assisting Certificate
The employers are 2 brothers who live in the same household, they are both wheelchair users and both have a muscle wasting condition. Their Hobbies and interests are:
– Boccia, both are on the National Team, which is their main interest. This involves training upwards of 10 hours a week, as well as daily stretching and exercise which takes up most of their week and need support in these tasks.
They also between them like other sports – football, golf, snooker, American football, tennis as well as interests in music – classic rock, alternative, hip-hop.
They like going to concerts / cinema/ socialising with friends and family
Both young men relate and get on well with people within their own peer group
The family are looking to employ 4 workers to support both brothers.
This will include mornings / afternoons / evenings and overnights
Duties and tasks to be undertaken:
– Assisting with domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
– Treat both young men at all times as adults and as individuals, recognising their rights to choice, dignity, individuality, friendship and respect
– Assisting with personal care tasks (showering and dressing)
– Take part in training
– Willing to undertake training as required for the driving of the wheelchair accessible vehicle ( cost will be covered by the employer )
– Must be physically fit, this can be a physically demanding job
There is a 6 month probation period attached to this post, with a 1 week notice within this period if the post does not work out.
All successful applicants will have to undergo a new or update of the PVG disclosure scheme ( cost covered by the employer )
Supply 2 up to date reference contacts
If you are interested in applying for one of the 4 posts, you can download an application form by logging on to www.ailn.org , click on documents at the top of page 1, click application form and then download. Please ensure you add the vacancy ref for the post you are applying for
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or phone 01294 475685
Application form to be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Evelyn Gilchrist, SDS Manager, AILN, The Michael Lynch Centre for Enterprise, 71 Princes Street, Ardrossan, KA22 8DG
**PLEASE NOTE THAT AILN ARE NOT THE EMPLOYERS. WE ARE A SUPPORT & MAILBOX SERVICE FOR INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL EMPLOYERS
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.
Covid-19 – Multiskilled Operative – Local Test Site Job Introduction To increase testing for COVID-19, the Government has significantly increased...Apply For This Job
Local house cleaners required to work in Heckmondwike and other nearby areas. Part time hours; Must be able to work...Apply For This Job
Property cleaners needed now around Cirencester Maid2Clean is a company which people come to trusted help around their house –...Apply For This Job
We are looking for multiple part-time domestic cleaners to work in and around Stevenage. We offer you excellent rates of...Apply For This Job
Job reference REQ0302 Date posted 17/09/2020 Application closing date 01/10/2020 Location Aylesbury Salary 6.45 – 8.72 Package Blank Job category/type...Apply For This Job