Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs Service in Tower Hamlets!
GBP 22,360 per annum, 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension Scheme, staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Tower Hamlets Community Intervention Service (THCIS) is a flexible provision that accepts both self and partner agency referral. THCIS has the capacity to support up to 212 high needs customers with a range of complex requirements; including those with mental health diagnoses, drug and alcohol addictions, domestic violence cases and those with housing needs. THCIS is open 7 days per week and operates an out of hours call in service and drop in sessions alongside floating support.
Tower Hamlets Community Intervention Service (THCIS) is a flexible provision that accepts both self and agency referrals. THCIS has the capacity to support up to 212 high needs customers with a range of complex requirements; including those with mental health diagnoses, drug and alcohol addictions, domestic violence cases and those with housing needs. THCIS is open 7 days a week and operates an out of hours call in service and drop in sessions alongside floating support.
– Building supportive and trusting relationships with customers
– Working proactively with other members of the team to manage caseload and administrative responsibilities
– Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
– Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
– Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within the ethos of 'positive risk taking'
– Proactively manage risk and safety both in and outside of their physical living environment
– Adherence to lone working procedures and attributed processes such as the duty system
– Providing tenancy sustainment related support to customer in their own property
– Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
– Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
– Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
– Ensuring Look Ahead's Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
– Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
– Engagement with learning and development activities to increase knowledge and skills with in the sector
– Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
– Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
– Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
– Able to work alone with good initiative
– Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement when under pressure
– Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
– Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
– Is confident with high levels of self-esteem, passionate and drive to achieve success
– Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
– Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance
– Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
– Is able to implement strong professional boundaries
– Able to inspire
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
– Transferable skills / willing to take on a new challenge
– Experience within sector
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role
Assistant Project Worker saha is a nationwide charity and a leading provider of residential centres, foyers, supported accommodation and move-on...Apply For This Job
About the role; As a Kitchen Assistant, you will be experienced with food preparation and catering in accordance with Health...Apply For This Job
Portland College is a Registered Care Home and SEN college providing care and education to people with a wide range...Apply For This Job
Recruiting Enhanced Support Workers to join our Young People's Service in Hounslow! GBP 23,200 per annum, 40 hours per week...Apply For This Job
Support Worker Salary: £19,743.12 per annum (£10.07 per hour) Hours: 37.5 hours Job Type: Permanent Service: Learning Disabilities Location: Richmond...Apply For This Job