Recruiting a Support Worker to join our Mental Health service in Lambeth!
£22,360 per annum, 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension Scheme, staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Lambeth Mental Health Floating Support is a service for adults, in any type of tenure, who have medium and/or complex mental health support needs. Support is provided for customers to maintain – or prevent the loss of – their accommodation and/or independence, to enable a move from supported accommodation to more independent living, to enable discharge from hospital or to prevent hospital admission. The service is available to customers from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for someone with an inspiring and creative personality to work as part of a team within the Lambeth Mental Health Floating Support Service. You will work with clients diagnosed with a mental health condition and living within the borough of Lambeth in their own homes.
The role of the Support Worker is to enable our customers to develop greater independence and fulfilling lives. As part of your role you will be required to oversee all support planning, updating risk management plans, and see customers on a weekly basis.
Enabling customers to improve their overall well being, through maintaining good physical and mental health, motivating customers to part take in social activity, and supporting customers to identify goals to improve their quality of life. Ensuring customers have applied for the correct benefits; customers are managing their rent and bills, and maintaining their home to a good standard.
We are looking for staff members who are motivated and keen to positively engage with our customers.
– To offer specialist support to a caseload of people within the locality focused on enabling people to address practical, social & emotional issues, including benefit advice, housing advice & social inclusion
– Joint working cases with mental health professionals and social workers within the localities
– Supporting people in the community to increase their independence and social functioning; including accompanying to community activities and graded exposure
– Signposting people to other community services to best meet their need.
– Identify local community resources that would benefit people
– Completing referrals
– Safeguarding is everybody's responsibility; raising alerts within the locality and supporting the investigation / information gathering as required
– Participate in a locality team, providing mutual support to colleagues
– Participating in a weekly casework management meeting, including discussing people seen for initial conversations, clients of concern, safeguarding cases
– Ensuring timely recording on Inform records for caseload of people
– Other administrative work including writing letters, emails and associated casework
– Participating in the service duty rota
– Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
– Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
– Good understanding of key skills required to support customers with Mental Health difficulties
– Ability to listen and learn within the role
– Develop a flexible way of working, responding to demands and challenges of the role
– Develop good working relationships with your colleagues within Look Ahead and external Partners
– Ability to learn and use multiply IT systems
– Work in an efficient and effective way to achieve a high standard of outcome
– Good understanding of staff boundaries
– Ability to motivate and inspire to achieve a good outcome with your customers
– Create good working relationships, be approachable and reliable
– Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
– Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
– Open to feedback and self development
– Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
– Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
– Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
For more information or to apply please visit our website
Support Services Administrator Main working base: Stevenage SG1 (Full office based in COVID-19 risk-assessed premises) Hours of work: Full time...Apply For This Job
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a North and Midlands Fundraising Manager to join our team....Apply For This Job
About the role; As a Kitchen Assistant, you will be experienced with food preparation and catering in accordance with Health...Apply For This Job
Partnership Manager Starting at £31,800 per annum 37 hours per week Fixed-term contact until 30th June 2023 Based in Pool,...Apply For This Job
We are currently advertising 2 Nursery Manager vacancies – one in Gainsborough and one in Lincoln. Please visit our website...Apply For This Job