At Mencap, we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you – but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference?
Our person-centred, professional team in Romsey are looking for responsible and motivated Support Workers to join our team in supporting adults with a range of needs.
You will be working across 3 services that are very close to each other, supporting adults with a learning disability to live as independently as possible. This might include anything from cooking and cleaning (are you a whizz in the kitchen?), to going to the supermarket or taking part in leisure activities (bubbly attitude required!). You will help them to lead the life they choose. We focus on person-centred support, tailored to individuals needs.
For the right candidate, it really is the most rewarding job in the world.
You will need to have:
* Good people skills
* Ability to work to deadlines and within a constantly changing environment
* Ability to complete paperwork.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week, including mornings (ideal for you early risers!), evenings and sleep-ins (Payment for sleep-ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements). The best thing about flexibility? It's a two-way street. While we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you’ll have your own requirements – have you got commitments on a Thursday? Not to worry, we can factor this in, as well as other requests (provided you give us enough notice) into our rotas.
At Mencap, wevalue a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for thesuccess of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications fromeveryone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we want to hear from you. This role has a unique set of challenges, but our award winning training will ensure that you are the best Support Worker that you can be,whether you have lots experience or are just starting out in your career.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job ID – 15284
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
* Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
* Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
* Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
About The Role ** This is a night position, working shifts of 8pm till 8am ** Calling all people who...Apply For This Job
Are you ready to make a difference? Do you have a caring and compassionate nature? Then come and be part...Apply For This Job
Team Medical Southampton – Day and Wake Night Care / Support Workers We are recruiting experienced Care / Support Workers...Apply For This Job
Support Workers required for a Complex Needs Service based in Peacehaven. The service supports 5 males all who have challenging...Apply For This Job
Up to £9.20 per hour ABOUT THE ROLEAs a Night Care Assistant at a Barchester care home, you’ll help residents enjoy...Apply For This Job