J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Site Supervisor (Foreman) – East West Rail – Milton Keynes
Are you an experienced Site Supervisor with earthworks and drainage experience looking for a new challenge? If so then Murphy Group is keen to hear from you, we have multiple opportunities with immediate starts across the Milton Keynes area to work on the East West Rail Project. The Supervisor gives instruction to his reports and is responsible for the productivity and actions of a group of employees. Candidates must live within one hour of Milton Keynes.
The route stretches from Winslow to Bletchley and works include:
* Minor earthworks/cess tie-in
* Embankment regrades
* Cutting regrades and widenings
* Modular Block Retaining Wall
* Cess & Toe Retaining Wall (Post & Plank)
* Track bed reconstruction
* Construction for highways earthwork approaches
* Installation of a new track drainage system and associated off line drainage.
* To ensure that company policies are passed down a hierarchy from above.
* Delegate tasks to reports & organize the work group.
* Complete electronic daily allocation sheets.
* Plan short-range action-steps to carry out goals set by Line Management.
* Control or evaluate performance of workforce and carry out performance reviews.
* To lead and motivate & develop group cohesiveness.
* Ensure all work is completed to the appropriate levels of safety, quality & cost.
* CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme
* CITB Temporary Works Supervisor
* CPCS – Crane/Lifting operations Supervisor
* C&G Level 2 Award in Safe Location and Avoidance of Underground Services (HSG47 Cat & Genny) (Leica)
* First Aid (3 day)