At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by
providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions
around the globe.
Technicians are responsible for providing a high-quality service for the
cleaning, inspection, assembly and packing of sterile equipment for hospital
and community settings.
This role will involve working in a fast-paced environment, where quality and
precision is vital. No experience required, full training and support is
provided in a programme to help staff to reach their full potential, learning a
wide range of hospital instruments and working in different functional areas of
the sterilisation process.
* To ensure the effective preparation of sterile consumables (dressings,
linen, instruments and equipment) by the process of decontamination,
inspection assembly and packing within predefined quality standards.
* To rigorously check, wash, lay-up and pack sets of theatre instruments to
meet contract specifications within predefined quality standards.
* To safely operate and monitor machines and equipment (washer/
disinfectors, ultrasonic and sterilisers) effectively.
* To ensure that repairs and missing instruments or equipment are recorded
and logged on the Tracking and Traceability computer system
* To ensure that repaired instruments or equipment are returned to stock or
the appropriate coded sets or the Trust s appointed person.
* The post requires manual dexterity and the ability to use complex
equipment, for example, this role involves disassembly, inspection,
decontamination, packaging and sterilisation of surgical instrumentation
to predetermined standards. The decontamination and sterilisation
processes are carried out using complex processing units.
* To undertake daily testing of Autoclaves and washers/disinfectors and
* Participate in daily housekeeping and equipment preparation checks in
accordance with Trust and National Standards.
Duties – cont’d
* To organise own daily work within allocated areas, working unsupervised
in the absence of a supervisor/team leader.
* The ability to recognise surgical instruments and identify trays used
within the trust.
* Assembling instruments and checking for cleanliness, functionality and
damage in accordance with departmental procedures, specifications and
* Manage the dispatch of the finished products to the correct locations.
* To monitor and operate within the required health and safety guidelines.
* To participate in staff development and training initiatives.
* To actively participate in the Performance Management System.
* To undertake any other duties or tasks as reasonably required.
* Educated to a good general standard with demonstrable verbal and
* Basic end user IT skills to operate track and traceability IT system.
* TVQ or NVQ Level 2 in Decontamination or equivalent experience.
* Previous experience in Sterile Services and/or health related products.
* Working under pressure
* Attention to detail
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than
12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Show moreShow less
Sr CRA I – SP or RJ JOB SUMMARY The Senior Clinical Research Associate I (SCRA I) will perform monitoring...Apply For This Job
Requisition Number 15-0119 Title Senior Account Executive, Enterprise Software City Cambridge or Home Office Country U.K. Description As we embark...Apply For This Job
Scientist (Downstream Process Development) (CMC) Immunocore, UK Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of...Apply For This Job
Clinical Support Division – Laboratory Services (Raig) ,Raigmore Hospital , The key duties of this role is to receive, sort...Apply For This Job
About The Role St Christopher's – HC One Care home Company Drakes Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 8XY As a Unit...Apply For This Job