Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international
manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than
75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell,
developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly
and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one
of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to
control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today.
As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half
a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is
committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old
products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower
the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide
variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product
solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing
that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage
transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric
utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction,
transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that
deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our
business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of
uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our
partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we
exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical
and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates
in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094
Senior level engineering position. Heavy focus on capital project
justification, project management, and implementation of lean manufacturing
tools. This position also has heavy focus in supporting a variety of automated
pieces of equipment/processes throughout the facility with programming,
troubleshooting, and driving continuous improvement efforts. Support includes
PLCs, robots, and supporting infrastructure for communication and reporting.
The expectation is to take a lead role in the department and make an immediate
Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead capital projects as the main point of contact for multiple
functional areas and processes. Responsibilities include machine
selection, cell layout, financial justification, working with quality and
product engineering to create and update control plans and engineering
requirements, overall timeline management, installation of equipment and
* Compile project update reports and present to upper management concerning
project timeline, budget and estimated completion dates of projects
* Must be able to demonstrate success in leading cross-functional teams and
managing multiple projects to completion simultaneously
* Through the use of lean engineering tools, design, and optimize
manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the
introduction of new ones
* Assist in developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives through
continuous improvement (kaizen) events
* Lead troubleshooting activities for various process issues that arise
* Support manufacturing operations throughout the facility.
* Develop robotic programs for welding, grinding, fabrication, and
integration with CNCs
* Support maintenance activities with Electrical and PLC trouble-shooting.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to junior level engineers
* Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in manufacturing.
* Demonstrated experience in project management of multiple projects
* Demonstrated success in continuous improvement methodologies.
* Demonstrated success in justification of capital projects in excess of
* Knowledge of quality tools.
* Experience in various type of manufacturing processes
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
* Knowledge of best in class assembly practices
* Knowledge of fabrication processes
* Strong electrical trouble-shooting knowledge with ladder logic trouble-
shooting and programming.
* Must have the ability to travel up to 10%.
* Experience with SAP
* Experience Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs
* Experience with ABB and Fanuc Robots
* Experience integrating Cobots in various operations
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/
F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other protected class.
Show moreShow less
Hours of work 4 on 4 off 7 – 7 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights Role The Operator...Apply For This Job
Position Summary Manage maintenance groups, colleagues, and contracted resources to assure that Lincoln maintains the highest levels of facility and...Apply For This Job
Business Development Consultant Accustomed to a six-figure salary, and now looking for more…? STOP driving success for others to reap...Apply For This Job
An exciting position has become available for an experienced Bench Joiner to join our team in Hanslope near Milton Keynes,...Apply For This Job
Production Operative (Intake) Monday – Friday AM – Department Production – Business Walkers Deli & Sausage Co – Product Cooked...Apply For This Job