We have exciting new opportunities for Specialty Doctors to join our team
across the Scottish Residential Services.
This is a part-time position (6 programmed activities) providing psychiatric
care to service users in 3 residential/nursing homes in Dundee and 1 in
Dunblane. The specialist residential/nursing services offer care and support in
a structured and therapeutic environment for adults with learning disabilities
and complex needs.
The post holder will be working alongside two part time consultants based at
Wallace hospital in Dundee who will provide regular supervision and to whom you
report to. The post holder will also have responsibility for auditing the
medical services rendered at the services and ensuring their good quality in
accordance to GMC and other relevant professional guidelines. Moreover, the
post holder will have responsibility for upholding the Company s policies a
procedures and protecting the Company s interests as appropriate.
The post will include on call responsibilities on a 1 in 4 basis (negotiable)
The post holder will be the responsible clinician and will oversee and maintain
the care of all ward inpatients as required. The post holder will also have
responsibility for auditing the medical services rendered at the ward and
ensuring their good quality in accordance to GMC standards of good medical
practice and other relevant professional guidelines. Moreover, the post holder
will have responsibility for upholding the Company s policies and procedure
and protecting the Company s interests as appropriate.
* Full GMC registration and an MBBS (or equivalent) medical qualification
* Relevant experience within a Learning Disabilities environment is
* Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along
with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
* The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgment / experience in making
clinical decision and managing risk and knows when to seek help
* Excellent verbal / written communication skills along with the ability to
interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive
* Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
* The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* Desirable: Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
* Desirable: Royal College of Psychiatrists membership (MRCPsych) or
In return, we will offer you…
* Salary up to 100,000 FTE ( 60,000 for 3 days)
* Support from an onsite Consultant Psychiatrist, Medical Director and
* Medical indemnity cover
* CPD support and study leave
* Active participation in clinical governance
* Free Meals
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Learning and development
The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme:
* A formulated programme to assess your educational needs and to help you
achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant
* The opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience
across various subspecialties.
* An assigned educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly
and oversee your educational development.
* Support with MRCPsych exams.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive
Please click the link to apply.
Show moreShow less
We are a well respected child care company which provides residential care to young people between the ages of 8...Apply For This Job
Support Worker – Full Time 35hrs Support Workers wanted to work in our amazing Residential service Superb progression opportunities in...Apply For This Job
About Us: Progressive Care is a National leading provider of innovative high quality Support Services. We now have attractive and...Apply For This Job
School Cleaner Job details Posting date: 12 September 2020 Salary: 9 per hour Hours: Part time Closing date: 12 October...Apply For This Job
Job Description Job Family: Senior Support Worker Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire Pay Rate (): 9.22 Vacancy Reference: 025309 Female Senior Support...Apply For This Job