At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability, mental health needs or behaviours that may challenge. Affinity Trust are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
Job Summary and Duties
Affinity Trust is seeking Specialist Key Workers to become part of an exciting and ground breaking new service. As a Specialist Key Worker you will effectively deliver a Positive Behaviour Support service (PBS) for children and young people who have learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge. Your 1:1 intensive support of the child/young person in their homes, in school and in the community will be aimed at maintaining them within the family home and preventing the children and young people from entering residential care.
You will have a willingness to undertake PBS Specific training and have a good knowledge of child protection and safeguarding specifically for people with increased vulnerability. Training and support will be provided on Positive Behaviour Support from the Lead Practitioner. As Specialist Key Worker you will play a key role in delivering a quality service and achieving positive outcomes. You will be a positive role model and you will bring our values to life and share our passion and commitment to always strive to find creative ways to enrich the lives of those we support.
This is a 1 year fixed term contract as the new service in Wakefield is a pilot scheme. However there is an expectation that if it goes well a longer term contract will be agreed and this will allow the Specialist Keyworkers contract to be extended.
There may also be the need for a 1 year fixed term contract in the Bradford PBS service.
Skills and Experience
• Deliver the highest quality and standards of Positive Behaviour Support to children and young people, their families and a range of other professionals, enabling the child/ young person to continue to live at home.
• To key work 1 or 2 children, delivering PBS interventions in the home, in the community, school and other support service settings, including directly supporting the child, modelling good practice and providing guidance to parents, carers and a range of other professionals.
• To assist in the completion of a range of assessments and the formulation of PBS plans.
• Contribute to effective multi-agency working practices by maintaining regular contact with key professionals such as social workers and school staff, providing feedback and observations both verbally and in writing and taking part in a range of multi-agency meetings.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows.
• 33 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays)
• Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
• Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
• Occupational Health support
• Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
• Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
• Refer a friend scheme *pro rata for part time staff .
Be the difference, change lives.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, which will be provided by Affinity Trust. Affinity Trust are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief
About The Role Bank Nurse Paid PVG Check. We are looking for a passionate and caring individual with a proven...Apply For This Job
About The Role This role is a flexible role that requires you to work at a portfolio of Homes around...Apply For This Job
Do you want to change lives? As a Care Assistant in Exeter, you'll have the rewarding role of bringing a...Apply For This Job
About The Role Part Time Nights available As a Nurse at HC One, you'll value kindness above all. Because it...Apply For This Job
Bupa Dental Care – Fortwilliam, Belfast Dental Nurse – 38.75 hrs per week Here at Bupa Dental Care our people...Apply For This Job