We are seeking an additional Solicitor/Associate (circa 1-5PQE) to join our
highly reputed London Commercial Litigation team.
The team is currently made up of 7 specialist partners (our most recent partner
was made up on 1 May 2020; particularly pleasing as she trained at the firm), 1
legal director, 3 senior associates, 2 associates and 5 solicitors of varying
levels of qualification. The team ordinarily takes two trainees each seat and
has at least 1 paralegal and a senior professional support lawyer to support
the team with new legal developments and training. We frequently work with
lawyers from other groups across the firm, depending upon the case or matter in
The London Commercial Litigation team has a strong reputation amongst its
peers. It is particularly known for corporate/commercial disputes and
regulatory work in the banking and financial services arena, accountants’
regulatory investigations and professional liability, and IT/IP/defamation.
We advise clients across a diverse range of commercial disputes from litigation
in the English High Court to multi-billion pound international arbitrations. We
advise across a broad range of industries and we also provide non-contentious
and contentious advice on bribery and corruption and corporate/AML compliance
programmes. Role Responsibility
* Managing a busy commercial litigation caseload and/or providing support
to Partners and colleagues on larger complex cases.
* Engaging with and maintaining existing client relationships.
* Working to deadlines, prioritising workload and meeting conflicting
demands on time.
* Meeting or exceeding personal monthly and annual financial targets.
* Developing an understanding of clients’ and DACB’s business.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with all the partners in the
team. Much of the current work relates to claims in the region of 10-100M+ i
value but the role will include acting for clients with smaller claims. The
appointment supports the team’s aspirations to grow in size.
* General commercial litigation work. This includes contract disputes,
breach of warranty claims under SPAs, project finance issues, internal
company disputes, international arbitration and work with the employment
& pensions team in civil claims arising from employment issues.
* Banking and finance disputes which include acting for (and against)
international banks and their senior employees in a wide range of
regulatory and commercial disputes.
* PI and regulatory instructions acting for major accountancy firms.
* Advising on bringing and defending defamation claims for clients
including insurers, public bodies, large corporates and high net worth
individuals. This part of the practice also includes IP work, where the
team regularly advises insurers and other T200 clients on copyright,
trademark, design and passing off disputes.
The Ideal Candidate
* Qualified Solicitor with circa 1-5 years PQE, capable of handling complex
commercial litigation matters.
* Shows sound judgement in decision making, focused on client and case
* Works with appropriate levels of supervision.
* Demonstrates and develops a high quality level of technical expertise.
* Demonstrates proactive financial management in relation to billing,
credit control and client service level agreements.
* Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day
* Demonstrates commercial judgement
* Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to work as part of a team
on larger matters and to assist with development of business.
The successful candidate will have the following opportunities:
* to work with all partners in the team across the various different
sectors of work;
* to work with a friendly group of lawyers from diverse backgrounds;
* to grow a specialised practice of their own over time;
* to be involved in Business Development initiatives;
* to be invited to regular training seminars and webinars and progress
their legal knowledge and education;
* to join networking groups such as the YFLA, JLSLA and LSLA; and
* to continuously develop skills in a role where no two days are the same.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a
diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices
in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also
have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong
Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance,
Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business
Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from
household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the
majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in
the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK s largest shopping
centres and act for 9 of the UK s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area
and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at ‘Band 1’ level. In
Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice
areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named
as one of Legal Week’s Best Legal Advisors for the third year running,
achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach,
service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and
our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented
people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications
from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If
this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and
submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of
Show moreShow less
We re supporting our clients as they adapt to the unprecedented circumstanc brought about by COVID-19. As a result, we...Apply For This Job
Octo Candidates – Login Existing Account New Account Input validation failure – Please correct errors on this page. Server Error...Apply For This Job
Places for People Career Site Register Login Job Description Careers / Job Search / Job Description Places work when they...Apply For This Job
Company_Description At Octopus we re transforming the industries we operate in and improving th lives of millions of people. We...Apply For This Job