Excellent digital services are at the heart of Devon County Council’s work to make life better for people across Devon.
Local government is changing faster than ever and we’re looking for people with digital skills. In return we offer:
* A competitive salary
* An attractive pension scheme
* A supportive culture where you will be encouraged to think creatively and drive improvement.
* Flexible working including working from home
* A minimum 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
* A great quality of life, if you both work and live in the South West of England
If you are a developer with a strong background in maintaining and improving software, and are interested in joining a fast-growing team at DCC, then we’d like to hear from you. You will need to have plenty of experience of resolving software issues, ideally in a digital DevOps environment. You’ll also like to work across multiple products as part of a new team that is delivering user-centred digital services.
This is an exceptional opportunity to help the organisation deliver fantastic services that make things easier for the people of Devon at a time of rapid change across local government
For an informal discussion, please contact Kieron Kilbride, Digital Transformation Manager on (phone number removed).
* The Software Support Developer, working as part of a multi-disciplinary agile team, will be responsible for providing root cause analysis and resolution of issues, with the ability to identify, plan, implement and lead complex proactive system enhancements to ensure efficient software application maintenance and improvement.
* The job-holder will have a clear idea of how to successfully perform support and maintenance at pace, within a team that is using Agile Methodologies, contemporary digital systems and a low code development platform.
* You are an engineer with considerable experience of ensuring systems availability, keeping digital services patched and secured, coding and delivering a frequent release cycle of fix on fail and enhancements, to support existing workloads and complement new digital product releases.
* You’ll prefer working in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, and will have experience of successfully integrating across concurrent software development projects to ensure operational readiness.
For more information please visit our Working for Devon website.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice