Software Engineer III – Discovery & Innovation – Cardiff
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is seeking an experienced Software Engineer with a strong background in early lifecycle development to join one of our Cardiff based development teams – taking concepts from ideation, through to impact. Our teams are collaborative, forward thinking and agile with a strong focus on continual improvement.
* Developing and rationalising ideas into working prototypes across the full stack (including use of modern back-end frameworks, front-end frameworks, Big Data platforms, etc.).
* Investigating new / emerging technologies, innovations and opportunities.
* Developing concepts through from ideation into commercially viable product offerings that fit the current and future product portfolio.
* Working closely with the Product Owner and wider stakeholders to refine concepts and solicit continuous feedback.
* Mentoring others in the immediate and wider teams – we are continually looking to help our team develop.
Essential Skills and Attributes
* Passionate collaborator with a focus on what is best for the customer, end-user and the team (both immediate and the wider group).
* Strong and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge.
* Exceptional analytical/critical thinking abilities – able to propose and analyse technical solutions, understand how mechanisms work and develop methods of testing and evaluating technologies.
* Working experience in Kanban or Scrum (or in lieu of this, clear understanding of the methodologies and enthusiasm to be part of such a team).
* Extensive development skills in one or more modern programming languages
* Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* An understanding of application architecture and best practices for creating scalable products.
* Knowledge of cloud systems / solution architecture.
* Experience creating web and mobile applications, SDKs and APIs
* Experience working with matrixed/shared teams.
* Experience of TDD and/or BDD for contributing to automated test packs.
* Active participation in the development community.
* Strong understanding of application security.
Benefits of working for us
* The opportunity to work on a full range of interesting technologies – learn to use concepts related to large scale/high performance data processing, scoring & analytics.
* Help to conquer some of the next generation of problems in risk data analytics.
* Make a real difference to our customers and society.
* Connect with a growing, diverse and sociable team of talented Engineers who enjoy regular team building, games nights and quizzes.
* Experience dedicated time for innovation alongside opportunity to deliver creatively.
* Enjoy access to a wide range of self-paced, online training.
* Join regular seminars, interactive workshops and resource groups, supporting your future growth and development.
* Give something back to the local community, take two days paid leave per year to volunteer.
* Collaborate with our teams to continually evolve and modernise our Technology stack, including contributing to our technology radar and the evolution of our products.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leading provider of innovative solutions for significant risk data analytics challenges. We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better, timelier decisions. Our innovative solutions enable organisations to manage risks like identity theft, fraud, money laundering and terrorism and prevent ﬁnancial crimes and scams. By bringing clarity to information, we ultimately help make communities safer, insurance rates more accurate, commerce more transparent, business decisions easier and processes more efﬁcient.
LexisNexis is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers
As a Software Engineer III, you will be a leading member of our team working with a diverse range of technologies and disciplines. You will enjoy working in a friendly environment and benefit from our investment in staff
Are you looking to build a career in IT and Cyber Security and have no or very limited experience? If...Apply For This Job
A new position has opened up at PCE for an IT & Applications Coordinator, due to our continued success and...Apply For This Job
DWP. Digital with Purpose. We're looking for a Service Designer to join our Product Design community in DWP Digital. We've...Apply For This Job
Data Scientist Are you a Data Scientist wanting to see more tangible impact of your work? Are you looking to...Apply For This Job
We develop and distribute technology that innovates, automates and changes the Veterinary market globally. Through ezyVet, our customers book a...Apply For This Job