Open Source Software Engineer
If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving,
and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital
revolution underway in the UK that could use your help.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our
work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you
start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be
sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% +
3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option
to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement
options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a
successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career
anywhere you want it to go.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK
If you are interested in technology integration (as opposed to developing from
the ground up), rapid prototyping, regular demonstration of completed work,
creating sustainable systems, and thinking ahead but not over complicating for
today, this role will suit you.
Specifically you would be involved in tasks such as the following:
* GNU/Linux software customisation, configuration and integration
* Hadoop customisation and API integration and its configuration with
Ansible and Ambari
* Implementation of bespoke NiFi processors using Java and integration with
* security software
* Ansible deployment automation of software, upgrades and Linux
* Robot Framework and Selenium based test automation for post-build and
* Bug and technical debt triage, trouble shooting and resolution
* Production environment change back-porting to our Git repository
* Enhancement of our Bamboo based build and continuous integration
* System performance analysis and improvement of multiple, high spec large
* Third line support of production environments with our system
* Review, elaboration and accurate estimation of new requirements with our
* Estimation and commitment, as a team, to deliver tested work every 2
* Development of work following strict ways of working, standards and
levels of quality
* Regular presentation of progress and completed work to the team and the
* Stay up to date by following industry developments and be active in the
* A drive to meet your personal objectives which are aligned to the
business plan for the
* financial year
* Investment in your own skills development with support from the team and
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
We’re expanding our team of Open Source Integration Engineers, at all levels of
career experience and would consider graduates with a science related degree
(including practical computer programming experience) through to skilled
software integration and DevOps professionals.
* Demonstrable experience in at least one of: RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
* Familiarity with the following core tools: git, ssh, Unix command line,
And it will be desirable for you to have:
* Deep Linux experience – e.g., can describe SELinux, chroot, ssh
* between Linux distributions
* Linux experience as a deployment platform and day to day development
environment – e.g.,
* can describe package management, networking configuration, log files,
* Experience of “starting from scratch” and building on top of existing
* Web development and awareness of vulnerabilities and how to defend
* Experience of test driven development and automated testing of web
* Networking familiarity – e.g., can describe protocol, TCP/IP
* Experience of Hadoop or distributed computation
* Experience of automating software deployment
* Experience of network engineering including switches, taps and firewalls
and pcap analysis
* Awareness of system and network security principles such as system
hardening, log analysis or IDS/IPS
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation
continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our
clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals.
As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our
company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals
benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business
services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Show moreShow less
Country: UK – Location: Royston, Cambridge – Location 2: London – Job ID: 10054 – Area of Interest: Cyber and...Apply For This Job
Full Job Description can be obtained from the link “http://www.open.ac.uk/jobs/tutors/sites/www.open.ac.uk.jobs.tutors/files/files/ecms/faculty-mathematics-computing-and-technology/specifications/T847.pdf” The description below may contain some unreadable words or sentences,...Apply For This Job
Senior Software Engineer – C++ Application Middleware London Posted Jul 10, 2020 – Requisition No. 83831 Our mission is to...Apply For This Job
Business Unit: Cubic Transportation Systems Company Details: Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers...Apply For This Job
Why join Moneysupermarket Group? Moneysupermarket Group has gone through a period of transformation after re-platforming and establishing a product engineering...Apply For This Job