SG Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that
powers the world s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are
constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite,
used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been
downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join one of our
customer teams and be involved in improving availability, latency, performance,
efficiency, monitoring and capacity planning across different teams and areas
in the company, as we continue to work on the next generation and world-leading
online sports and gaming platforms.
The SRE s focus is ensuring the system has maximum uptime and the best
The role is involved with the following:
* Investigating and fixing performance/resilience issues with SG Digital
* Conducting capacity planning and reviewing the production estate for
* Reviewing support, technical debt and technical directive tickets.
* Reviewing development changes where the change will have an impact on the
performance of an application.
* Conducting and supporting performance tests on SG Digital and customer
* Generating performance reports and statistics.
* Defining SLOs and SLIs.
* Attending analysis/design meetings to provide input/sign-off on technical
solutions for projects. For some technical changes, this may involve
carrying out the full analysis.
* Coaching and supporting other team members on how to develop resilient
and high-performance software
* Resolving, or providing assistance to the support team on critical
* Providing and maintaining solutions for improving real-time monitoring
and alerting, e.g. Grafana, Prometheus.
* Working closely with the customer to evidence and promote the success of
the role and drive improvements
* Leading the dev teams approach and strategies for supporting major events
* Will occasionally require some out of hours working
By being part of an SRE function, this role also involves:
* Support other SREs in the company by sharing best practices and
improvements achieved in other teams previously.
* Interact with different customer stakeholders directly in order to
understand their needs and goals for the future around stability and
If you are the right Site Reliability Engineer for us you will be able to
* Talent coding in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++, Python,
* Strong experience in developing software and operating high volume
* Strong knowledge of relational database design and operation (any
* Experience with database performance tuning: Query plans, locks, query
* Strong knowledge on provisioning, configuration management, and
application-deployment software (mainly Ansible);
* Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
* Capacity to consider different solutions to complex problems and
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
* Experience of applications operating on Unix/Linux;
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery;
* Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly;
* Operation and development of performance testing solutions as well as
analysis of results.
* Experience working with Docker containers
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
* Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a
modern and exciting workplace
* The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the
possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business
continues to develop and grow
* Tangible and genuine development – at OpenBet, you can take your career
where you want it to go!
* Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to
develop some of the world s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst
working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work
location and flexible working whilst we provide you with
the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhan
Show moreShow less
Continental shift leader/supervisor HVAP – £54,000 + £2,000 shift allowance + Package We are working very closely with a high...Apply For This Job
Chempac Chemist Job Title – Chempac Chemist Salary – Competitive Salary plus Veolia benefits *listed below Location – Mobile role...Apply For This Job
Senior Civil Design Engineer Ref: PL-CIV/SCE Think big, create better Are you a Senior Engineer passionate about using your skills...Apply For This Job
As the Head of Engineering Phase 2 at HS2 you will be accountable for the risk based assurance and integration...Apply For This Job
nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across...Apply For This Job