Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working. Family is also important to us, with many of our sites having multiple generations of the same family working in the team! Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe.
This role effectively develops and delivers an operationally excellent and efficient factory in line with Hovis Ltd supply chain business requirements and deliver the site change agenda through the cascade of both business and manufacturing strategy to deliver world-class excellence across a range of KPI’s.
The successful candidate will:
* Lead, develop and performance manage the functional management to engage, involve and empower all site staff and embed a culture of continuous improvement; embedding a team culture through alignment to Hovis’ purpose, vision, values and behaviours.
* Lead the implementation of the quality transformation strategy at the site with a clear behavioural and cultural change alongside operating best practice quality management systems.
* Set the site budget and deliver site Manufacturing Controllable Cost budget and improvement plans (short and long term 1-5 years) across Directs, Indirects and materials.
* Develop and deliver functional reliability improvement plans within engineering and operations.
* Work in partnership with Supply Planning and Commercial teams to optimise manufacturing site footprint and capacity model – this should include Short Term Tactical planning and Longer-Term strategic planning.
* Support commercial engagement and customer relationship development.
You will foster a collaborative, ‘hands-on’ culture and develop a team to fulfil their potential in a fast-paced, innovative environment that boasts a genuinely entrepreneurial culture. The reward will be a genuine opportunity to make a tangible difference on a truly unique and groundbreaking grocery brand.
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities:
* Proven delivery at Site Management level.
* Strong natural leader and people management skills – the experience of managing large teams in an FMCG/food manufacturing environment, enabler of change, and creating a CI culture.
* Financial acumen with experience of having managed a P&L.
* Experience of leading and managing teams in an unionised environment.
* Experience in managing change programmes in a supply chain environment.
* Drive for results – can push self and others to deliver outstanding results
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
* There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
* Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
* We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
* We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
* We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic