Job Title: Shift Manager
Core Days: Any 5 from 7, typically Monday – Friday
Core Hours: 06.00am – 14.00pm & 14.00pm – 22.00pm rotating, however due to the nature of the role you will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to your working hours
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Shift Manager’s role is a pivotal role and will be focused at delivering consistent performance, ensuring that all day to day aspects of the operation are managed proactively.
As a Shift Manager you will be working with the Operations Manager to fine tune the current operation and are responsible for the day to day management of a large team.
– Manage team attendance, performance, productivity and accuracy levels, motivating team members to achieve high levels.
– Co-ordinate and motivate the warehouse operation to ensure effective operational performance.
– As part of the senior operations team drive continuous improvement within the warehouse, implementing plans to consistently improve the performance.
– Responsible for shift manning and labour management to achieve workloads in a time sensitive operation.
– Overall management and responsibility for achieving operational KPI’s.
– Maintain a good working knowledge of warehouse operational areas including returns, inventory control, co-pack, delivery schedules along with Health & Safety procedures.
– Communicate confidently and effectively with staff, customers and other areas of the business to maintain and develop positive relationships.
– Responsible for controlling labour costs, whilst ensuring a flow of work is maintained throughout the warehouse without any disruption to the business.
– Responsible for the promotion of Health & Safety within the warehouse promoting MHE and accountability.
– Performance managing employees to ensure maximum productivity and taking appropriate steps to manage underperformance.
– Responsible for proactively managing and addressing any disciplinary matters that may arise ensuring that the correct procedure is followed at all times.
– Responsible for the control and management of all sickness and absence, supporting and managing employees effectively to ensure low levels of absence.
– A proven leader with experience of managing a large team minimum of 20+ employees in a busy fast paced warehouse.
– Proven experience of all aspects of people management including probationary, attendance, performance and disciplinary matters.
– A highly confident and proactive individual able to motivate and drive employees.
– Able to work as part of a team and to clearly demonstrate a professional attitude towards all colleagues.
– An organised and focused approach to all administrative duties.
– PC literate including a good working knowledge of MS Packages.
– Multi Customer experience desirable.
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today
Job Summary If you are looking to join an energetic and vibrant organisation that truly makes a difference to people’s...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurse (casual) We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to...Apply For This Job
The purpose of this role is to carry out full valets on cars as required ensuring all Health and Safety...Apply For This Job
Become a BCA Logistics Driver Contractor! From the dock to de-fleet and beyond, BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year,...Apply For This Job
Specialist Deputy Manager At One Housing, we don’t only believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. We also...Apply For This Job