J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
SHES Advisor – Stratford – CP6 (Rail)
J.Murphy & Sons is currently recruiting for a SHES Advisor to assist the SHES Management in the implementation of Group SHES Management Systems and provide SHES advice and support to employees.
Murphy has been awarded one of three multi-billion-pound contracts by Network Rail for the South of England, worth up to £7bn for Control Period 6 (Apply online only)). The multi-discipline framework will deliver projects of varying value, including stations, buildings and civils, electrifications, power, signalling, telecommunications and track. This is initially in place for a five-year period but has the option of three one-year extensions if required.
* Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality (SHES) matters in conjunction with the SHES function.
* Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the SHES of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures.
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
* Support management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the SHES Plans.
* Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
* Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences.
* Collate Business / Contract SHES statistics in a timely manner and submit to the SHES Management & SHES function for reporting purposes.
* Review SHES information to identify trends and areas for improvement. Develop and implement SHESQ campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the SHES Management.
* Assist in the preparation & review of project SHES documents including those of 3rd parties.
* Provide support to Project teams in the development of SHES Plans.
* Produce SHESQ plans, procedures and associated documentation.
* Identify significant SHES issues for contracts / yards and help set-up contracts / yards to include appropriate controls.
* Identify SHES consents / permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained.
* Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Legislation, Company procedures and Contract Requirements.
* Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by the Business / SHES Management.
* Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
* Support the Business / SHES Management in the delivery of the Audit Programme.
* Undertake SHES audits as required.
* Providing input into pre-qualification, tender and SHES award submissions.
* Stopping work with the agreement of the SHES/ Site / Project Management at any time SHES management of the works is in question.
* Disseminate information issued by the SHES function to relevant employees.
* Participate in working groups / forums as required.
* Participate in the work of committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required.
* 5 years experience in a SHES role on site
* Relevant SHES Membership, E.g. NEBOSH, IOSH, IEMA, CQI
* Solid understanding of the requirements of the ISO 9001, 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 standards.
* MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
Are you a Security Officer interested in nights at a site in Babraham? We have a fantastic opportunity to join...Apply For This Job
Company Description Padiham Glass is one of the UK's leading Sealed Unit Manufacturers and a division of the Emplas Group...Apply For This Job
Vistry Group brings together the energy and talents of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships (formerly Galliford Try Partnerships)....Apply For This Job
Architectural Intern and Interior Design Intern We are an architectural practice that has the aspiration for both the architectural planning...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Quality Manager Location: Aylesford, Kent Business Area: Kier Highways You can be who you want to be and...Apply For This Job