Job ID 2020-22956Posted Date 1 day ago(9/14/2020 3:35 PM)
Business Need / Purpose of Role
A fantastic opportunity has been created for a SHE Advisor to join our
core team who report directly to the SHE Manager. You will work within
a dynamic workforce that prides itself on a culture of safety first.
As our SHE advisor you will be an expert and go to guru at the center
of all health, safety and environmental topics across the business. As
our guru you will have the autonomy to influence our employees across
all levels of seniority to drive the right value for safety
Key activities include assessment of risk, identifying opportunities
for improvement, the implementation of changes in practices, risk
management controls, carrying out training to increase knowledge and
awareness, preventing injury or illness to all employees and anyone
else affected by our site activities.
You will have a wealth of experience as a Safety, Health and
Environmental Advisor, ideally within an industrial manufacturing
sector. You will be passionate about people and processes with a
strong desire to continuously develop and improve Safety, Health and
Environmental management within a difficult (or tough) working
Objectives & Measurement – Key Responsibilities
* Provide accurate and effective support to operational personnel
* Promote best practice and continual improvement within
* Ensure compliance with all relevant safety, health and
* Maintain and Improve the Health and Safety Management System in
line with ISO 45001: 2018 requirements.
* Maintain and Improve the Environmental Management System in
accordance with ISO 14001: 2015 requirements.
* Conduct accident and incident investigations, implement corrective
or preventive actions and provide relevant guidance as necessary.
* Ensure risk assessments are undertaken within the business,
facilitate timely review and accurate.
* Encourage, coach and promote the development of SHE skills and
knowledge within leadership, management and operational teams.
* Ensure consistent implementation of the Weir SHE standards across
* Walk the floor, promote safety conversations, undertake
inspections & audits of operational sites, identifying areas for
improvement and assisting with implementation.
* Deputising for the Safety, Health & Environment Manager as
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
* Experience of Health and Safety in a manufacturing environment.
* OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 or ISO 45001 Experience.
* NEBOSH Diploma
* IEMA Certificate / Membership or equivalent.
* Presentation Skills and experience.
* Positive, friendly, driven attitude with an outgoing personality.
* Able to communicate well with both shop floor workforce and senior
* Excellent IT Skills.
* Experience in training delivery for Health and Safety topics.
* Full UK driving license. The ability to travel to / from supplier
sites and undertake occasional overnight stays are a requirement
of the role as is occasional night working.
* Flexibility to provide SHE support and cover for a manufacturing
facility working across three shifts.
* Excellent organisational skills are essential.
* Self-motivated and driven individual to work within a small team
of SHE professionals in a very busy environment.
* The successful candidate should respond well to self-development.
* Good communication / negotiation skills.
* Accurate reporting, data gathering and analysis.
* Health and Safety qualification NEBOSH Diploma or working
* A proactive approach to Safety, Health & Environment.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* A team player with the ability to work autonomously.
Regional Specific Job Information (if applicable)
Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group PLC, the business has
been established for over 125 years and is a world leader in the
design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen
machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and
minerals processing industries. The company has seen significant
sustained revenue growth with output rising from 31million to circa
130million within the last 6 years. Based in the North West of
England we are a well-established company that is growing year on
year. Our organisation currently has approximately 800 employees
throughout Europe with over 400 based in Todmorden, which sits on the
edge of both Lancashire and West Yorkshire.
Closing Date for all applicants: Sunday 27th September 2020 @23:59hrs
We appreciate the time taken to apply for roles with Weir Minerals
Europe. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we anticipate
we are not able to respond to everyone individually. If you have not
heard back from us within 14 days from your application date, please
assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We wish you all
the best in your search.
We have an internal recruitment team and are presently not engaging
with any specialist providers for the purposes of Recruitment.
Weir Minerals Europe is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
and veteran or disability status.
Apply for this job onlineApplyShareRefer this job to a friendReferSorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.Share on your newsfeedShare |
Software Powered by iCIMS
Job Advert Want your technical expertise to really count? As a Shift Technician – Electrician on one of our major...Apply For This Job
Production Operative Location: Ringwood Position: Early/Late shifts between the hours of 7am – 7pm. 45 hours per week. Salary: £19k-21k,...Apply For This Job
Business Development Consultant Accustomed to a six-figure salary, and now looking for more…? STOP driving success for others to reap...Apply For This Job
Strategic Sourcing Project Leader United Kingdom-England-Manchester Strategic Planning Sep 16, 2020, 5:00:24 AM Are you continuously looking to develop yourself...Apply For This Job
CNC Miller, CNC Mill, CNC Milling Machinist, CNC Miller Setter, CNC Set Operate, CNC Setter, CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, CNC...Apply For This Job