We are looking for a well organised and self-motivated person to join our vibrant and busy Business Support Team and fill this vital role supporting frontline Safeguarding Adults Services. Also supporting other team colleagues with updating childcare records. These are some of our business critical, frontline safeguarding services that are, a key priority for Devon County Council.
This post supports a range of Adult Services. some on site and some working remotely at home This is an admin post
You will need to have good communication and interpersonal skills. You will be able to quickly respond to changing priorities whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail and possess excellent administrative and organisational skills to undertake tasks across the full range of business support activities. You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to:
* Work as a member of a team within a busy office environment on site – currently on a rota basis and during initial training
* Effectively utilise technology and IT systems particularly important as much of your tasks will be working remotely from home with virtual support from the existing team
* Have a good and proven understanding of Microsoft Office 365 including teams
* Confidently be able to minute meetings via teams direct to a laptop
* Communicate effectively
* Input data accurately
* Process sensitive and confidential information
* Use initiative
* Pay attention to detail
* Prioritise your workload
* Work to deadlines
* Produce work of a high standard
To apply online visit www. devonjobs .gov. uk. If you have no internet access then contact the First Stop Desk on (phone number removed) (8.30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare Adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Delivering one of the largest frontline safeguarding services in Devon is a challenge but one that we thrive on.
Our busy, friendly staff deal with all aspects of business service/administrative support in offices conveniently situated close to Newton Abbot and transport links.
Working for Devon County Council delivers all the benefits you would expect from a large employer including:
– Incremental pay increases within your grade
– Generous annual leave and other holiday entitlements along with flexible working
– Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme
– Childcare Voucher Scheme.
For an informal discussion please contact Penny Truscott, Service Support Manager, on (phone number removed).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure