HealthLumen is a leader in intervention modelling for non-communicable
diseases. Our microsimulation-based software is used to generate evidence to
quantify the future impact of interventions on chronic diseases when scaled
across the population. Such interventions include policy changes, screening,
and new treatments, with a focus on predicting the impact of health behaviours
on the future burden of over 20 chronic diseases and related costs, across 80
HealthLumen works in both the public sector and also in the private sector,
with global corporations in pharmaceutical, life sciences and insurance, where
the value proposition can be applied in many areas. Our modelling can help
evaluate the impact (clinical, social, and economic), of prevention strategies
or treatments before expensive, time-consuming real-world implementation.
We are now expanding our team and seeking an experienced Senior Software
Engineer to oversee the development of our platform, and help shape our
You will be directly involved with application coding, system debugging, code
reviewing, and the development of operational procedures. You will be:
* Writing code that is supported by strong unit testing and continuous
* Providing data APIs that pre-process data, version datasets and control
access to that data.
* Building infrastructure to train and deploy AI models at scale.
* Interacting with our machine learning code as we migrate our platform
from C++ to Python.
* Participating in the entire software development life cycle, debugging
applications, and configuring existing systems.
* Reviewing other team members work.
* Converting prototyped code into production code.
* Contributing to the product roadmap.
* Developing technical specifications and architecture.
* Reviewing and refactoring the existing application code.
* Managing and supporting other developers work.
* Documenting development and operational procedure.
* Staying current with technology trends and recommending the use of new
software and tools
At least 6 years of experience as a Software Engineer with the following
* Writing Python code to build robust server-side applications.
* Data engineering experience provisioning both relational and no-sql
databases and writing high performance queries / transforming data.
* Strong critical reasoning skills, including understanding of common
pitfalls of data analysis.
* Experience creating both console and web applications.
* Azure DevOps and/or good general continuous integration (CI) and
continuous deployment (CD) experience.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (technical and non-
technical) we are a remote first company.
* Experience code reviewing and mentoring junior members of a team.
* Experience in project management
* C++. You will not likely be writing much, but being able to translate
from C++ into Python and basic ability to read intent from C++ code, and
to simplify it, would be helpful.
HTML5, and CSS.
* A strong interest (but not necessarily direct experience) in machine
* Some experience building data science models to provide deeper insights.
BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
* Self-motivated and takes initiative
* A pragmatist when it comes to design decisions
* Well organised, including ability to work independently and as part of a
* Calm and focused under pressure
* Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills
* Willingness to acquire new knowledge and skills
* Comfortable adapting to sometimes rapidly changing circumstances
This role is based in London. However, we are will consider candidates who wish
to work remotely but who are willing to attend regular meetings for 2-3 days a
month in London.
Show moreShow less
Senior Consultant, Technology Risk, FS, Manchester [“GB-All-Manchester”] Technology is at the heart of most modern organisations. As well as opening...Apply For This Job
NetEng – EMEA Network Engineer – Networks – VP – London Location(s) UK-London Job ID 2020-65354 Schedule Type Full Time...Apply For This Job
The ServiceNow System Administrator will maintain the stability and usability of the ServiceNow platform by performing application maintenance, managing support...Apply For This Job
Front-End Developer – React Native – REST – WebSockets – Startup – Central London/Remote Stakester is a new, innovative tech...Apply For This Job
Are you looking to build a career in IT and Cyber Security and have no or very limited experience? If...Apply For This Job