We are recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Finance and Data
Platforms Team within Aviva.
The Senior Software Engineer is required within a small team of developers who
are developing greenfield, business critical financial applications, along with
supporting and enhancing existing AWS hosted applications.
The role is a combination of back-end and front-end work, automating Actuarial
modelling and building fast and fluid UI screens. To achieve scalability, we
employ several cloud technologies including AWS Lambda, SQS and RDS and the
role offers plenty of creative technical freedom.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Researching, designing and writing new software programs.
* Developing existing programs, analysing and identifying areas for
* Creating technical specifications and unit test plans.
* Ensuring the security, performance, monitoring and design integrity and
of data and the underlying database.
* Packaging software code / components for deployment, including release
* Ensuring functional and non-functional requirements are met during
development and maintenance activities.
Skils & Experience required:
* Knowledge of C# and .Net technologies.
* Knowledge of ASP.Net MVC and web front end technologies e.g JQuery,
Angular (Desired), Bootstrap and HTML5.
* Knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL and Entity Framework.
* Knowledge of Powershell and Windows scripting.
* Knowledge of infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform,
Puppet and Packer.
* Experience using distributed version control, such as GIT.
* Experience with Jenkins and/or automated build systems/processes.
* Experience of unit test and automated testing.
* Exposure to Atlassian products such as Bitbucket/Stash, Confluence and
* Exposure to Cloud computing, particularly AWS.
* Experience of Windows Server technologies e.g. Active Directory, DN
What will you get for this role?
* Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/
sell up to 5 additional days.
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through My Aviva Extras
plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save
Oh and by the way
At Aviva we always Care More . It s our thing. We re all ab
people that s you so we can be flexible. If you need to work
home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care
for someone in your family, we re very open to that. We ll even try to
work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they re from, how old
they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every
age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture,
sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or
caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work
and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum
criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you ve applied and we
make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we d love it if you could submit your
application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give
Alice Neal a call on: 0121 200 5926 or ping them an email at:
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By minimum criteria we mean y
must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the
level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience
defined as essential to perform the role.
Show moreShow less
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, United KingdomJob Number: R0085799Machine Learning Engineer and Algorithm Designer, SeniorThe Challenge:Are you excited at the prospect of...Apply For This Job
IT Support Engineer (Full Time) Basingstoke, United Kingdom...Apply For This Job
The client is an exciting role for organization in Fintech sector. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing,...Apply For This Job
Virtualization Platform Engineer – Job ID #: 18821 – Job Category: IT – Employment Type: Experienced Professionals – Division: Administration...Apply For This Job
Job TitleProfessional Services Engineer (Development Engineer) Job Description Position Summary: As a Professional Services Engineer you will be involved in...Apply For This Job
Penetration Tester – Cloud Security – DevSecOps – Remote / Home Working (EU Wide) 80 – 100k – 30 Days...Apply For This Job