The Financial Times is one of the world s leading business news
organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and
accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters
of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a
broad range of information, news and services for the global business
We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong,
Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco and Tokyo. Join us and find an inclusive
and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of
Learn more about the FT, including announcements and career opportunities, at
We are looking for an experienced Senior Global Mobility Advisor who can join
the FT’s team as a capable and safe pair of hands to cover maternity leave. We
need someone who can hit the ground running and use their solid experience to
navigate the ever complex and changing world of global mobility. The Senior
Global Mobility Advisor is responsible for the management, coordination and
compliance of international assignments and permanent relocations in line with
FT policies. The post holder will be the first point of contact for the
business in advising on assignments and a key point of contact for assignees.
The Senior GMA will also take an active role in developing and documenting
processes to support the Global Mobility Programme.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to utilise their prior
knowledge to manage all aspects of global mobility in a fast paced environment,
guiding assignees and the business through today’s rapidly changing environment
for mobile workers.
The contract will be for around 14 months.
* Case manage international assignments and permanent relocations, acting
as the main point of contact for assignees; liaising with vendors, line
management and wider HR colleagues as required.
* Conduct assignment briefings with new assignees in person and over the
phone providing a professional, informative and empathetic point of
contact throughout the moving process taking a proactive approach to any
challenges along the way.
* Act as a global mobility expert providing advice and guidance to HR, the
Managing Editor s Office and other key stakeholders to ensure
international assignments are correctly structured, considering policy,
budget and compliance matters.
* Prepare cost estimates for new assignments and assignment extensions,
working in partnership with FT s Employment Tax Manager to ensure
appropriate tax and social security rules are considered enabling
informed business decisions. Provide the necessary guidance to the
business or HR contact to enable informed decision making.
* Ensure necessary payroll updates are correctly captured and input by the
GM Coordinator providing coaching and back up where required. Review
monthly payroll reports and participate in vendor calls to review monthly
data. Partner with internal payroll specialist and external vendors on
monthly payroll and related projects as required to ensure accurate
* Manage escalated pay queries from expats in partnership with tax and
payroll colleagues, where necessary preparing reconciliations and
explanations for assignees in partnership with the GM Coordinator as
* Constantly seek improvements in ways of working, ensuring enabling
technology is utilised to its full potential driving efficiencies, best
practice and service levels. Ensure process improvements are documented
and communicated within the team.
* Provide guidance and delegate appropriate activities to the GM
Coordinator retaining an oversight of the status of any move.
* Regular project work such as building assignee documentation, compliance
reviews, and improving ways of working and communications.
* Actively participate in team meetings, sharing knowledge and seeking
input where beneficial.
* Escalate policy or process exceptions, compliance risks, vendor
performance issues and assignee complaints to the Head of Global Mobility
and other team members or stakeholders as appropriate.
* Minimum of 4 years proven Global Mobility experience managing a case load
of international assignments through the full assignment lifecycle.
* Strong knowledge of different assignment structures, compensation
elements and tax and social security logic.
* Previous experience using Assignment Pro system or similar.
* An excellent understanding of expat payroll methodologies and experience
dealing with complex pay calculations and queries.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to deal
with potentially challenging or sensitive situations. Must have
demonstrable experience in building relationships with challenging and
* A drive for quality and premium service delivery.
* Adaptable; able to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity.
* Strong numeracy skills with an eye for detail
* Resilient and tenacious with a passion for driving excellence, seeking
* A team player committed to reaching team goals with an ability to be
proactive, resourceful and practical.
* Able to demonstrate experience of using initiative to improve process or
* Previous experience in the media industry.
* Experience dealing with high profile / senior expatriates and other
* Super user of Assignment Pro.
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best
in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to
develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave
allowances, flexible working, medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity
packages and subsidised gym memberships. Full details of our benefits can be
found here .
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We
are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best
talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also
promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility
for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require
any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend
an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any
questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.
Show moreShow less
Full-time position on a beautiful country estate at one of the UK s top wedding venues. This role is responsible...Apply For This Job
Basic Purpose of Job: Portfolio Administration provides operational investment support to the SSGA Portfolio Managers. As the key point of...Apply For This Job
About you – To be eligible for our Internal Audit programme, youll need tohave, or be on course to achieving...Apply For This Job
Product Manager, Onboarding [“Multiple Locations”] Manager, Onboarding Product Manager About SVB: Silicon Valley Bank is the most sought-after financial partner...Apply For This Job
Trainee Accountant We think our trainees are the best people to be around. Join us and you ll part of...Apply For This Job