J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Senior Estimator – Multi Utilities – Cannock
Due to an internal promotion Murphy Group is recruiting for an Senior Estimator to join our growing Multi Utilities division. To be successful in this role you will be confident with all aspects of Estimating and a have genuine passion for employee development, mentoring and overall staff performance, in return the position will offer you a great stepping stone to becoming an Estimating Manager.
Why Murphy Utilities?
We deliver gas, electric and water through one team in one visit. In an industry that traditionally relies on multiple subcontractors to deliver, we distinguish ourselves by delivering an end-to-end service. Each project is appointed an experienced multi-utility project delivery manager, who acts as a single point of contact throughout the project's life cycle. This simplifies the process for clients, allowing for a unified 'One Murphy' approach.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Lead and support a team of Multi Utility Estimators
* Responsible for work allocation & completion of bids within Service Level Agreements (SLA)
* Provide Management information and KPI's
* Attend project start-up meetings and make site visits.
* Produce enquiry schedules for scope of works & packages required from the tender documentation, drawings and specifications issued.
* Identify tender deliverables required from the Project Designers.
* Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and where necessary enters into correspondence with suppliers to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements.
* Prepare BOQ for scopes of projects on estimating programs (such as Excel, Causeway, CCS Candy & Kubus).
* Input to project risk register and attends a project risk meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planning Engineers, Design Co-ordinators and Clients representatives.
* Attend tender price settlement meetings in the presence of the tender team with Estimating Manager,
* Attend Tender Handover meetings in the presence of Estimators and projects team.
* Prepare commercial documents for tender handover to projects team.
* Carry out duties / functions under JMS Quality and Health & Safety Management Systems.
* Assist the Estimating Manager in promoting interaction with the appropriate functional leader to facilitate successful development of solutions to problems and estimates.
* Assist the Estimating Manager in working with the site commercial team to ensure budgets & programs are reflective of actual delivery experience.
* Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tenders.
* As necessary provide supports and respond to tender queries made by project team personnel.
* In conjunction with the Contract Manager / Senior Management review contract details relevant to the company's ability to deliver under the contract.
* Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity and provide feedback to Estimating Manager.
* Multi Utility Estimating in Gas, Electric and Water
* Proven Track record in Team Leadership
* Degree Educated