Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
The Specialist Consultancy and Laboratory Solutions Team within Jacobs is recruiting for a Senior Consultant to add to their team of highly qualified consultants supporting the UK and World nuclear industry. The role is based out of our Birchwood, offices and will, once Covid restrictions are eased, require travel to support our clients.
We have immediate opportunities for the successful candidate to work on a diverse range of projects associated with the UK Small Modular Reactor (SMR), other Advanced Modular Reactors (AMR), nuclear new build, existing generation, UK and International nuclear fusion, defence and nuclear regulator support.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and scientists to deliver key projects.
• The design, build, commissioning and operation of test rigs and facilities
• Technical skills in analysis and interpretation of experimental data, compilation of high-quality technical reports and discussion of results with customers
• Preparing tenders and responding to technical enquiries
• Communicating with clients and team members
• Graduate in chemistry, chemical engineering or other scientific discipline
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent practical laboratory skills
• The ability to work flexibly on complex problems developing innovative solutions
• Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
• Candidates must have/or be able to obtain CTC clearance level as a minimum
• Post-graduate qualification in chemistry, chemical engineering or other scientific discipline
• Either hold chartered status or have the ability to gain chartership
• Knowledge of the chemistry, materials and engineering issues associated with the nuclear sector
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit (url removed) to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here. #Jacobscmsjob
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected