Sales and Customer Service Assistant – International Decorative Surfaces (IDS) – Southampton.
IDS are a part of Saint-Gobain – Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running! (Apply online only))
Looking to join a company that is passionate about its employees, where virtually no day is the same? Then we have the perfect role for you here at IDS, the UK's largest distributor of surfacing materials, specialising in flooring, worktops, laminates, panel products and solid surfacing.
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly focused Sales and Customer Service Assistant to join our dedicated team at our IDS Southampton branch. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing sales and maximising branch profitability, providing exceptional customer service; being the first point of contact for customers both Trade and Retail, responding to inquiries and taking orders by telephone and email and seeking out new customers.
As a Sales and Customer Service Assistant with IDS, you will:
* Build strong relationships with customers via the telephone, to help achieve sales growth for your branch
* Identify and proactively call prospective customers to build strong and lasting relationships
* Regularly contact existing customers to maintain the relationship and increase sales
* Keep CRM up to date to ensure consistency in service
* Place direct sales orders, organise delivery times and take orders from customers upselling all the time
* Continuously strive to provide exceptional customer service to all IDS customers, including customer after sales care
* Demonstrate flexibility and team-working in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the overall business
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers.
So if you have:
* Excellent customer service skills and experience, as well as knowing what great service sounds and feels like is really important to us
* Strong Telephone experience and excellent communication skills
* Previous sales experience with a commercial mind-set
* A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Product knowledge relevant to the industry sector, although full training will be given
* Computer Systems literacy skills
* A great attitude, with a positive work ethic and dedication to working as part of an effective team
…we may just be the right fit for each other! Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
* Competitive Salary
* 31 days' holiday (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days' holiday with service
* Christmas shutdown period
* A defined contribution pension scheme
* Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days' holiday to be bought or sold)
* As an employee with IDS, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme
* Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits