We appreciate each of our team member’s experience and skills. We also know these make you unique and this is what will help shape and enrich the lives of the young people we look after. We also believe it is important that our team members share the same values as the Company.
Key Elements of the Role
1. Ensure safeguarding of all young people underpins every decision made.
2. To contribute to the young person’s care plans and risk assessments, their review and implementation.
3. To form effective relationships with young people, their families (if appropriate) and external agencies.
4. To ensure that young people’s views and wishes are sought and acted upon where appropriate.
5. To undertake a ‘key worker’ role with young people as required.
6. To ensure the home is kept clean and in a tidy condition, adhere to the cleaning rota system, encouraging the young people to participate as appropriate.
7. To cook and ensure that the young people are supplied with nutritious meals; record the meals prepared on the menu planners and take into account their dietary and cultural needs.
8. To dispense, record and administer medication as required.
9. To maintain and promote residential care work to high levels of professionalism expected by Esland
10. To support the Manager in the preparation, implementation, review and updating of Placement Plans and risk assessments and monitoring progression.
The Successful Candidate:
1. 12 months experience in a relevant environment
2. NVQ level 3 children and young people ( or equivalent)
3. Some knowledge of working with behavioural and emotional difficulties and challenging behaviour
4. Resilience and passion, even through challenging times
5. A flexible approach to working
6. A full, clean, UK driving licence (essential for our rural locations)
All applicants will be subject to a full DBS and references check in line with safer recruitment guidelines. Please note you will be subject to the enhanced DBS check if successful at interview stage before we can proceed with your application.
For more information, please contact our Recruitment team on (phone number removed)
About The Role HC-One, the kind care company is on the hunt for Britain's kindest citizens to join its 'caring...Apply For This Job
Are you looking for a career in healthcare? Perhaps a career change? Then join us on a journey that is...Apply For This Job
Take the next step in your nursing career with us! As a Registered Nurse or Mental Health Nurse in Portsmouth,...Apply For This Job
ABOUT THE ROLEAs a Care Assistant at a Barchester care home, you’ll help residents enjoy each day by making sure...Apply For This Job
162At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in...Apply For This Job