At Homes2Inspire, we are passionate about what we do. As one of the country’s top Children’s Home providers, we strive for excellence in the care we provide, ensuring our children and young people are ready for the next stages of their lives.
We are currently provide a home to over 100 children across the country, and our teams of Support Workers, Senior Support Workers and Managers provide first-rate and meaningful care to each child giving them the support and guidance they deserve.
We are recruiting for a Registered Children’s Home Manager to manage two of our children’s homes in Northamptonshire. The two homes are in close proximity to each other and function as a combined staff team with a singular management oversight, who will be registered for both homes with Ofsted.
Homes2Inspire offer a welcoming, friendly and professional working environment with support, training and encouragement given to staff to help them to build and develop a successful career with us.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the homes, promoting safeguarding of children and young people’s welfare, and helping to create a safe, stable and welcoming environment.
* Manage the residential home on a day-to-day basis ensuring it is compliant in meeting all relevant legislative and contractual requirements, including the health and educational needs of young people.
* Liaise with other departments and external agencies to ensure that the young people receive appropriate plans, programmes and support in the home.
* Coach, support and develop staff, including supervision, to help them to provide the best possible care and to ensure high standards, values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures, legislation and contractual and inspection framework requirements are met.
* Assist in budget preparation and manage and control budgets to meet financial parameters.
* Interpret and implement changes in legislation relating to occupancy to ensure any enhanced requirements are met.
* Identify resourcing needs and the ongoing selection, training and development of staff to ensure service delivery is optimised and relevant standards are met.
* Maintain a positive health and safety culture to meet and maintain recognition awards and best practice.
* Achieve Ofsted 'good' or 'outstanding' outcomes for the home.
* On call responsibility in line with a planned rota system.
The Ideal Candidate:
* A highly motivated individual who is passionate about supporting children and young people and delivering high quality services
* A professional social work qualification (Degree), QCF level 5 or working towards
* Minimum of 2 years Management experience within a Residential setting
* Full driving licence
* Experience of project/ work planning, monitoring and reviewing/quality assurance.
* Knowledge of basic accounting principles and ability to interpret financial information
* Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email
* Discretionary bonus scheme up to the value of £12,000 per annum
* Employer contribution pension
* 25 day's Annual leave plus 8 Bank holidays in lieu
* Regular supervisions, reviews of career and training needs/aspirations
* Great opportunities for internal progression.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years.
You will be required to:
* Hold or apply for an enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service)
* Complete a screening process in line with Safer Recruitment procedures and Children's Home Regulations.
* Complete a Health Care Declaration as part of your registration.
Homes2Inspire as part of Shaw Trust is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity and inclusion. We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme. Living our values we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived-experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion. If you have accessibility requirements and would like information in a different format, please get in touch.
Shaw Trust is one of the largest charities in the UK. We believe that everyone has the right to live a decent and dignified life and an opportunity for rewarding work. We are a social purpose organisation challenging inequality and breaking down barriers to enable social mobility. Our co-created services include large scale employability programmes, specialist services for communities, residential care for children, targeted support for young people, on-the-job learning and training and individual guidance and support. Our work is commissioned by government departments, regional and local authorities, the NHS and employers and is delivered through a people centred approach