At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with a Quantity Surveyor for our Advance Plus Framework. Based at one of our offices in Cumbria, you will work closely with project operational teams providing commercial support throughout the project lifecycle for individual projects or batches.
A Strategic Working Alliance (SWA) between MWH Treatment and J. Murphy and Sons Limited has been created to deliver works in AMP 7 for United Utilities as Advance Plus.
Advance Plus has been awarded two geographical batches of work within the United Utilities Area (North and South West) with an anticipated combined value in excess of £400million over a five-year period.
You will report directly to the Commercial Manager and the responsibilities will include:
* Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
* Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
* Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
* Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
* Assist in cost control / cost mitigation.
* Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
* Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
* Cash Management including WIP control and cash flow production
* Relevant HND/Degree Qualification.
* MRICS qualified (or equivalent) or be able to demonstrate that they are working towards chartership.
* Full driving license.
* Relevant CSCS Card
* Preferably water treatment industry experience, would consider other civil engineering background.
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world. We also support Mates in Mind which is a charitable programme to improve and promote positive mental health in the workplace