This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Quality Assurance Manager
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
· Provide leadership at the Peterborough Plant for the development, implementation, and administration of the Quality Assurance function to ensure product safety, integrity, and conformance with respect to Customer, Divisional, Corporate and regulatory requirements.
· The role is is a member of the Plant Leadership Team and the EMEA QA team leadership to formulate and execute a strategic quality plan for the business.
· Provide leadership to develop and implement food safety and key QA programs, e.g., HACCP, GMPs, Pest Control, Incident Management, complaint handling, Food Allergen and Environmental Monitoring.
· Maintain compliance with Corporate Quality Assurance Policies and customer quality satisfaction through the implementation and use of programs to control raw materials, in-process materials, production process, environmental conditions and finished products.
· Lead problem solving and provide risk management guidance for manufacturing issues, customer quality issues, defective raw material and finished product determination and disposition.
· Pro-actively lead initiatives to continuously improve the Quality performance within the factory. Prepares and oversees Customer site visits, Government agency visits, Customer & Third party audits
· Attract, maintain and develops high talent staff.
· Utilize the high-performance management systems to empower and develop their teams using established high performance management systems, core beliefs, guiding principles and attributes.
· Define performance standards and holds staff and self-accountable. Provide coaching and feedback effectively.
· Perform evaluations and creates development/training plans for individuals within the team and manage employee relations.
· Interact with other division QA Managers, Directors, and Corporate QA leadership.
· Plan project work and manage resources to achieve project goals. Champions and leads both short and longer term quality initiatives.
· BSc in Technical – Quality/Research/Product Development
· Demonstratable working experience in Manufacturing quality (condiments and/or wet food production).
· Strong leadership experience with demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and people.
· Extensive knowledge of HACCP, BRC Auditing, Quality Systems and Hygiene required.
· Commercial awareness as it relates to competition but only requires limited understanding of the latest developments in the industry
· Ability to translate strategy into actionable information in small or large groups in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
· Ability to influence upwards Interacts with Quality leadership, Regulatory, Customers, Operations, Materials, and other departments as needed Frequent communication with outside customers and suppliers, regulatory bodies and production.
· Ability to use appropriate root cause analysis decision tools for decision making.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer