We are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor to work on the AM shift Sunday to Thursday 06:00 – 15:00 within the Walkers Deli Division based at our Walkers Deli & Sausage, Leicester site.
Walkers Deli & Sausage is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
To provide local management within the Department by the effective, safe and efficient planning, organisation and control of all resources, including labour, materials and machinery. This may include working in conjunction with other members of the management team in a work pattern arrangement.
* Liaise with Production Planning to assist in the preparation of an effective and efficient Production Plan for the Department.
* Develop, implement and monitor Key Performance Indicators for the operation of the Departments, including the consistency of product quality, yield and Health & Safety compliance.
* Managing all aspects of stock control within the Department commensurate with an efficient material supply level, rotation and goods inward.
* Reduce customer complaints.
* Regularly reviewing the performance of the wastage and yield targets within the Departments Production Plan and specification, and taking action as necessary to ensure maximisation of efficiencies.
* Monitoring and controlling the labour requirements to facilitate the efficient running of the department.
* Ensuring that all Department staff have the skills necessary to consistently carry out their duties to the required standards. This to include the primary identification and delivery of training needs and the utilisation of Personal Reviews for Team Leaders. Ensuring training is completed in a timely manner.
* Assist, support and develop Team Leaders to ensure that there is a consistent approach to the work within the department.
* Ensuring compliance with all relevant Health and Safety, Environmental and Hygiene legislation and procedures within the Departments scope of operations (monitor & improve where necessary).
* Ensuring, via the use of the appropriate mechanisms including staff awareness training, team briefings and taste panels etc. that the department’s performance against the relevant Key Performance Indicators is communicated on a regular basis.
* Overseeing, and where necessary acting upon, plant and machinery efficiencies, including preparation of budget proposals for capital expenditures.
* Supporting and assisting in, customer liaison activities. Providing support to, and assisting in, the development of new products and specifications.
* Ensure that staff are effectively managed from recruitment and selection through to discipline and grievance handling.
* Carry out the duty to apply all Walkers Deli Health & Safety Policies or associated documentation and fulfil the requirements of the Health & Safety At Work Act.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
* Proven people management/Team Leader experience ideally gained within an ethnically diverse workforce
* Butchery skills. Experience of line managing teams within a butchery & intake department environment
* Experience of working within a manufacturing, production or factory environment. Previous experience of working within the food industry is essential.
* Quality minded with a high degree of accuracy, and able to work under pressure
* Flexible approach to working patterns and able to react to production changes
* Self-motivated and capable of working on own initiative, with the ability to make decisions
* Good organisational skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines
* A thorough and methodical approach to tasks
* PC literate with excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets
To effectively carry out hygiene operations within prep, manufacturing and production areas to ensure that storage areas and equipment is...Apply For This Job
Business Development Consultant Accustomed to a six-figure salary, and now looking for more…? STOP driving success for others to reap...Apply For This Job
Protec Fire and Security Group have the opportunity for a Product Lead to join our Product Strategy department, based at...Apply For This Job
Higgidy are purveyors of some of the finest pies, quiches and sausage rolls around (even if we do say so...Apply For This Job
Factory Operative (Day Shift) Direct Permanent role with Bakkavor Desserts Newark from day one £8.89 Per Hour rising to £9.22...Apply For This Job