Warehousing & Logistics training to employment for the warehousing industry
This is an exciting opportunity available to those living in within a commutable distance to Chichester.
Our specialised Warehouse sector-based work programme helps the unemployed get back into employment in an industry showing tremendous growth.
About the Training Programme
We are working with a leading company in Warehousing and Logistics to prepare candidates by developing their Warehouse industry knowledge and helping them gain an industry-recognised qualification in preparation for their recruitment.
We will provide free Warehouse preparation training to energetic, hard-working individuals, with a commitment to Customer Service to help get them into a full-time paid Production Operative position with a leading Food Production company.
The pre-employment training takes place online, meaning candidates will need access to a computer/laptop with internet access, a camera and a microphone. Unfortunately, the training platform does not support learning on a smartphone or tablet. The training commences on Monday 19th October and lasts for up to 10 days. If completed you will gain a Level 2 qualification in Warehousing & Logistics and are guaranteed to bypass the application stage and will progress directly to the interview stage.
80% of candidates who successfully complete the course get hired.
Eligibility criteria required for your application to be considered:
* 18 years +
* Currently unemployed
* Have access to a laptop/computer with internet access, a camera and a microphone.
* Right to reside and work in the UK (Proof of address will be required)
* Proof of benefits (if receiving)
Application deadline: Thursday 15th October.
Please note: successful applications will be subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for both training and the employer
ABOUT THE JOB
The roles are for Production Operatives to work at our client’s busy food production site in Chichester. There are 2 sites – Runcton and Selsey. These roles are temp-perm.
The rate of pay is from £8.21 per hour with potential to make up to £10.26 per hour.
The hours of work are:
• 7am to 7pm
• 7pm to 7am
As shifts vary at this site a flexible approach to work will be required. It is also recommended you have your own mode of transport due to the difficulty of public transport timetabling for the shift hours.
Your time at work
As a Production Operative at this site, your duties will include:
• Chopping and prepping various salad and cabbage products
• Peeling and slicing of leaf products
• Hand feed products into bags or trays
• Support cleaning down of equipment and chopping boards
• Packing finished packs into boxes or crates
• Quality checking all products to ensure the best product is picked
You’ll work as part of a busy team and will adhere to all Health & Safety processes and procedures.
You will be expected to work in a clean and hygienic manner.
Our perfect worker;
Our perfect Production Operative will ensure that production procedures are strictly followed.
You’ll have a flexible approach to work and will be happy to work on your feet throughout your time at work.
You will be comfortable working in a cold environment (4 degrees) preparing fresh food.
Working to your initiative and discussing any issues that could affect the functionality of the lines, which could potentially hinder the quality of the product.
No experience is necessary, as full training will be provided.
• OnSite support from Staffline
• Subsidised canteen on site
• Free car parking
• Car parking on site
• Good links to public transport
• PPE provided
• Full training provided
• Temp to perm opportunity
• Opportunities for overtime
• Career progression opportunities
* This programme is government funded, priority will be given to applicants who have:
* • lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EAA) for the last 3 years
* – Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the programme-
* Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending July 2020 or later.
* Not be visiting on Tier 4 Student visa.
* You will be 18 years old or older before the contracts start date. ·
* You are able to read, understand and communicate in English,
* Interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business·
* You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines
* Successful candidates in the UK may be subject to a background check prior to employment.
Please apply by Thursday 15th October to be considered for this opportunity
Are you a Registered General Nurse ? We require Registered General Nurses for one of our clients in the Burnham...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Operations Administrator Location: Croydon – Initially home based due to COVID -19 with occasional visits to COVID Secure...Apply For This Job
Parkway Volkswagen are looking to recruit a Trainee Pre-Delivery Inspection Technician. This is your chance to work for a long...Apply For This Job
Role PA/Office Manager This varied and interesting role includes working closely with the Managing Director of Andros UK providing secretarial...Apply For This Job
We are currently looking for a Highways Engineer to join our Engineering Team based at our Ashford Office in Kent....Apply For This Job