At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what is most important – look beyond our projects and programmes and you will see it is about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we are focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It is a big challenge – and therefore we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships, and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It is a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians and one that we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project, and management services. It is how we will find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges and how we will deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior/Principal Nuclear Safety Consultant to join us and deliver elements of nuclear safety cases, with occasional support from more senior nuclear safety consultants. You will positively steward and engage with the SHE agenda to embrace diversity, inclusion, and well-being in the working environment.
You will lead production of nuclear safety cases in accordance with client requirements and cultivate insights and solutions, and innovate our service offering with clients and within Arcadis. You will also positively lead and engage with the SHE agenda and to embrace diversity, inclusion, and well-being in the working environment. Your responsibilities will include:
• Oversee an agreed scope of work and the operational workload of a project team including subcontractors, ensuring work is allocated appropriately and resources are fully utilised
• Work collaboratively with other sectors/disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design or solution and to resolve complex technical issues
• Manage the performance of team members and subcontractors, identifying and ensuring the resolution of any issues
• Manage the production of, and quality assure project deliverables to ensure that these meet or exceed client expectations and Arcadis requirements and comply with national standards and codes of practice
• Develop effective working relationships with the Project Director or Manager and with the client and ensure effective communication of progress and changes and the resolution of issues
• Lead and provide direction and technical advice to team members, to support them in their delivery on the project and in their professional development
• Develop and review proposal submissions to contribute to the preparation of high-quality winning bids
• Develop and maintain a good understanding of the services delivered by Arcadis, of the client’s business and the industry sector to facilitate personal networking and to consolidate personal and company credibility in the industry
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline
• Membership of an appropriate professional institution/society is preferable
• Strong appropriate values and behaviours including integrity, client success, persuasive skills, and the ability to build rapport
• Breadth and depth of experience working on nuclear safety cases for site licence companies, including new build, existing operational facilities and those in waste management & decommissioning
• Good understanding of, and experience of applying:
o Hazard Identification
o Radiological Consequence Assessment of Potential Accidents
o Design Basis Analysis and Probabilistic Safety Assessment (quantitative and qualitative)
o Safety-designation and safety case implementation
o Use of bounding cases
o Nuclear safety hierarchy, the ALARP principle and optimization
o The ONR Safety Assessment Principles
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you because each Arcadian has their own motivations and career goals.
As a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, we will take the time to listen and understand what you want from your time here and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success