At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what is most important – look beyond our projects and programmes and you will see it is about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we are focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It is a big challenge – and therefore we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships, and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It is a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians and one that we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project, and management services. It is how we will find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges and how we will deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
Our UK Water Design & Engineering team are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer to grow their Severn Trent Water AMP7 Capital Maintenance team, with the opportunity to be based in various UK locations.
The Severn Trent Water Team provides Optioneering, Outline and Detailed design inputs for the AMP7 Framework programme (across a number of Framework Contracts) covering diverse and technically demanding and stimulating projects in the areas of Wastewater / Clean-water Infrastructure and Non-Infrastructure. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Leading a small team of senior engineers / engineers to undertake designs
• Meeting budget, timeframe, and quality targets
• Helping to develop the wider team to its full potential
• Contributing positively to the achievement of the business plan and the overall success of our team
• Liaison with clients to understand their specific requirements,
• Inputs to the development of Feasibility level design and Optioneering assessments,
• Preparation of outline & detailed designs drawings and associated other Construction- Ready documentation,
• Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations, reports, drawings and other deliverables,
• Liaison with contractors, the supply chain and other project stakeholders,
• Management of projects teams and provide coaching to junior members of staff.
• A strong level of experience working within a civil engineering capacity, preferably within regulated water civil design: clean-water infrastructure / non-infrastructure and waste-water infrastructure / non-infrastructure
• Practical experience of detailed design or construction of river engineering, canal, reservoir, or flood defence works.
• Proven experience of running projects from start to finish
• Previous design management experience within a multi-disciplinary context
• Wider design or construction related experience within the UK Civil Engineering sector.
• Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams.
• Ability to adapt to changing situations, with the talent to think effectively and clearly and implement effective solutions when faced with challenging stakeholders
• Degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline.
• Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer professional status
• Good working knowledge and understanding of the applicable British Standards, UK Industry Codes of Practice and Water Specifications.
• Ability to manage small teams of engineers.
• Good motivation, influencing and people management skills.
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you because each Arcadian has their own motivations and career goals.
As a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, we will take the time to listen and understand what you want from your time here and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community.
We believe that by working together, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success