We are currently recruiting for a People Advisor to be based at our Bradgate Bakery Ashton Green site in Beaumont Leys.
Bradgate Bakery is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
As a People Advisor you will work in conjunction with the wider People Team and key stakeholders across the business to provide a practical and proactive HR advisory service. Foster, grow and encourage greater self-sufficiency within the management population. Uphold the Company values and champion the desired ways of working whilst ensuring consistent application of people processes
* Coaching, mentoring and supporting the development of Managers to upskill – at all levels.
* Supporting the business and wider People Team with managing change processes
* Provide advice to employees and people Managers with regard to employment related issues.
* Providing KPI data and metrics to support activity
* Managing absence cases of long- and short-term duration
* Supporting and coaching Managers through disciplinary and grievance cases
* Carry out quarterly and yearly Audits for on-site Agency to ensure compliance
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
* CIPD Level 5, working towards or sufficient work experience (Desirable)
* Food industry or manufacturing experience (Desirable)
* Strong practical HR skills with broad generalist operational experience
* Experience of manipulating, reporting and presenting data from HR/Payroll software and other data sources
* Experience of working with varied ER casework
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines
* Experience of using Microsoft Office packages
What we have to offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets