Night Supervisor/ Field Manager (Lifts & Escalators)
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Great brands have a great story. Ours is legendary.
In 1854, Elisha Otis travelled to the New York World's Fair to promote his new invention. Standing high above the crowd on a platform elevator, he ordered the retaining rope cut. The crowd cried out. His safety brake held. And in that moment, one man changed the world's perspective on what's possible, sending it rising up.
Would you like to join a truly international, talent driven company with values that focus on Performance, Quality, Innovation and Employee Opportunity?
What are we looking for?
Otis is currently recruiting for an experienced Night Supervisor/Field Manager to join our Modernisation team working on the night shift covering our prestigious lift modernisation project at DS7 Canary Wharf Tower.
* Managing the night shift field team and people on site ensuring that quality and safety standards are not compromised
* Ensure the 3 key absolutes of Safety, Ethics and Financial Control are maintained at all time.
* Managing projects on time, within budget and in accordance with the contract scope
* Regularly monitor and review progress against plan (both financial and project) and if necessary take action to mitigate delays and claims and bring the programme back on track
* The typical shift pattern is 6:30pm through to 5:00am Sunday to Thursday, but this is changeable to suit project requirements
Please note, this is a night role in the period for the DS7 project but on completion of this project it may revert to a daytime role if no other permanent night projects were available.
* Possess prior experience of managing lift and escalator projects or general construction / engineering site management exposure.
* Be CSCS and SMSTS certified.
* Good planning, problem solving and communication skills
* An understanding of the importance of delivering excellent customer service
What We Offer:
* On top of a competitive basic salary and night shift allowance (whilst on nights) you will receive benefits which include a vehicle (or cash allowance), bonus, pension, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), Life Assurance, Childcare Vouchers, Paid Maternity, Paternity and Sick leave, reduced rate private medical insurance, and access to the Otis Rewards Scheme
* Employee Scholarship Scheme & Educational Assistance Scheme – Otis will support you through your studies if you wish to gain further qualifications including HNC, Bachelors and Masters Degrees.
* We are committed to the continuing development of every employee; therefore, we encourage and strongly support career progression, with opportunities for promotion within our organisation and throughout the wider UTC global group.
* The opportunity to work for the world’s leading lift manufacturer, with some of the most prestigious customers in London
More about us:
Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
We are interested in hearing from Services Supervisors, Team Leaders, Field Manager, Principal Engineers who can demonstrate evidence of managing, coaching and motivating teams and who live within a commutable distance of London.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps ensure the ideas, perspectives and experiences of individual employees support a culture of learning and attract world-class talent. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and candidates will be equally assessed and selected based on objective criteria.
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
Mechanic Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience Benefits: Training Provided, Company contribution pension, NHS top up scheme Hours: Full time, Permanent...Apply For This Job
At Leonardo, we are looking for a Software Developer to join an established team, working alongside the MOD Customer, to...Apply For This Job
Contract Partners required for the following disciplines – Preston & Fylde: Service & Repair Contractors Who we are? PH Jones...Apply For This Job
Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job! We're savvy enough to recognise...Apply For This Job
Has the last few months in lockdown got you thinking about your job? When times get tough, make sure you’re...Apply For This Job