Based on the North East Priority Schools GTFM contract, we have an exciting opportunity for a Commerical Gas Engineer with a Plumbing/Gas/heating background to join our facilities management business.
The main purpose of the job is to undertake plumbing, heating and other planned maintenance, reactive and other tasks as directed by GTFM Operational Management and the Customer Support Centre.
Galliford Try Facilities Management (GTFM) has been providing customer focused Facilities and Property Management service solutions for over 15 years. We provide Total FM, Hard FM and Lifecycle services to both Public and Private sector clients nationally.
We utilise Computer Aided Facilities Management system technology to provide the most efficient service available for delivery of planned and reactive FM services.The key to our success has been working in partnership with our clients to deliver outstanding services that ensure value enhancement of the properties they entrust to us through exceptional people in accordance with our vision:
‘To be recognised as the Partner that best understands our customers’ vision, delivering tailored solutions with people at the heart of our services’
* Carry out plumbing and heating planned/reactive/additional works in GTFM buildings, including minor works, repairs, fault finding and fault diagnosis
* Ensure compliance with the relevant industry regulations at all times, and that the appropriate materials used
* To be fully conversant with all aspects of plumbing and heating installation works for commercial/industrial properties
* Attend any tasks issued which may include non-plumbing or heating jobs for which the post holder has the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake
* To liaise with other Galliford Try FM staff and sub-contractors as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed operational targets
* Carry out and complete all works to high quality standards and in a competent manner in accordance with Galliford Try health and safety standards, clients policies and procedures and with the property being left in a clean and tidy condition
* To accept progress and complete accurately all works allocated via a portable electronic device and update all tasks in a timely manner
* Read and interpret engineering drawings and building plans
* Attend meetings with other stake-holders including client, subcontractor and construction parties
* Attend Tool-Box-Talks, training and meetings as required by GTFM management
* To act at all times in accordance with the Galliford Try rules, policies, procedures and financial regulations
* The operative will be required to act in a courteous and respectful manor when working for Galliford Try
* A full clean driving licence will be required as successful applicant will be expected to drive in company vehicles to visit other sites and suppliers
* Any job offer will be dependent on the successful applicant clearing a CRB Disclosure check
* Working hours will be based on during normal office hours, Monday to Friday and will include weekend work/out of hours work where necessary and participation in an on-call rota- working one in 6 generally.
* This is a mobile role and the successful applicant will become part of a team looking after 12 educational sites located in the north east of England.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Experienced working in a varied building services role
* Time-served commercial gas engineer
* A knowledge of working on other building services is highly desirable for example heat recovery units, air handing units, air conditioning units, pump sets.
* Comfortable working on electrical systems
* Excellent customer service
* Previous experience of working within a team
* Good Written/verbal communication skills
* Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements and willing to accept change
* Full UK driving license
* A desire to learn new systems and lead by example
* A full UK driving licence will be required as successful applicant will be expected to drive in company vehicles to visit other sites and suppliers
* Any job offer will be dependent on the successful applicant clearing an enhanced CRB disclosure check
* Working hours will be based on during normal office hours, Monday to Friday and will include weekend work/out of hours work where necessary and participation in an on-call rota- working one in 6 generally
* This is a mobile role and the successful applicant will become part of a team looking after up to 12 educational sites located in the north east of England
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK’s leading construction companies. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 2,500 employees working on a huge range of construction projects. As a FTSE listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions
Job Title: R&D Engineer Location: Ponteland, Newcastle upon Tyne Business Area: Lawson Fuses Job Purpose The R&D Engineer will assist...Apply For This Job
We are one of the most experienced providers of dedicated water and wastewater technologies, services and support in the world....Apply For This Job
DESCRIPTION Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can...Apply For This Job
Leonardo is seeking a product security engineer with expertise in developing and maintaining product security management systems for defence and...Apply For This Job
Manufacturing System Technician (Electrically biased) Permanent Based: Irlam, Manchester We are looking for an electrically biased or multi-skilled technician to...Apply For This Job