Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits
This role is for a Measurement Engineer within our R & D facility located in Hazelwood, Derbyshire. You will be part of a team responsible for the support and calibration of testing equipment to maintain UKAS 17025 and ISO 9001 accreditation. You will be based within the Mechanical Testing department but will also be expected to work across the site within a chemical laboratory environment. The candidate will be self-motivated with high standards of quality, timeliness and attention to detail. The candidate will also be able to work co-operatively within a larger support team. You will be the technical authority for various instrument types used within the organisation covering properties such as temperature, pressure, force, torque, mass, flow and speed. You will understand the importance of quality control, instrument precision and maintaining traceability to national standards and will be experienced in evaluating measurement uncertainty. The candidate will be able to work with different customers and support development of measurement systems for various projects.
– Providing technical oversight for new instrumentation systems and test equipment.
– Supporting maintenance, calibration and fault rectification of instrumentation and test equipment.
– Ensuring all calibration activity conforms to UKAS 17025 standards.
– Processing of calibration results and evaluation of measurement uncertainty to determine pass/fail criteria.
– Ensure calibration reference equipment is properly maintained.
– Liaising with customers regarding quality, technical information and timeliness.
– Liaising with Auditors, external laboratories and suppliers.
– Supporting problem solving of various test rigs & measurement systems down to component level.
– Be familiar with continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives.
– The applicant is likely to have a minimum of HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent and may be working towards a degree.
– Previous experience in a UKAS 17025 accredited calibration or test laboratory will be advantageous.
– ‘Hands-On’ experience in operation and problem solving of devices and equipment.
– Experience in evaluating measurement uncertainty.
– Working knowledge of different types of instrumentation, sensors and signal conditioning.
– Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
– Good written and verbal communication skills.
– High level of record keeping with excellent attention to detail.
– Strong organisational skills and self-motivated.
In return we offer our staff a competitive salary, excellent pension scheme, flexible working, share incentive plan, Bupa Healthcare, 33 days Annual Leave pro-rata (Inclusive of Bank Holidays) and an opportunity to develop your career in a globally successful specialty chemical
Lubrizol is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered entirely on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here..
To learn and see what it is like to work here at Lubrizol Hazelwood, please view our video.
For further information, please visit: www.visitderby.com, www.visitpeakdistrict.com
Location:London Department:IT Development Description Job title: .Net / SQL Server Developer Reports to: Support Functions IT Development Manager Location: London...Apply For This Job
Job Locations UK-Warwickshire-Warwick ID 2020-5692 Overview Element has an opportunity for a Test Technician to join our Environmental Testing Centre...Apply For This Job
Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial,...Apply For This Job
Customer Order Management Global Segment Leader Description Closing Date: 24th September 2020 Cummins is a place big enough to coach...Apply For This Job
Reference:SEP20204679 Expiry date: 17:30, 15 October 2020 Location:Home Based Salary:Competitive Benefits:Competitive The key role for the JFMS Sales Manager will...Apply For This Job