McDermott is a leading engineering, procurement, construction and installation
(EPCI) company focused on executing complex offshore oil and gas projects on a
worldwide scale with 14,000 employees operating in more than 20 countries. This
position will be based in the business unit headquartered in Epsom, Surrey. Our
team has a strong mentoring and team based culture.
The Senior Project Engineer (Subsea) resides within Marine team, reporting to
the Installation Manager or other team member as directed by the Project
The Senior Project Engineer s primary role is to provide project engineerin
support as part of delivery of the major SUBSEA packages on the project. He/she
will be involved in all phases of the project life cycle and will have
significant involvement with engineering, procurement, manufacture,
fabrication, transportation, installation, pre-commissioning and mechanical
Specific roles and responsibilities of the Senior Project Engineer (Subsea)
include, but are not limited to:
* Active adherence to and promotion of company HSES & quality policies and
procedures including but not limited to design and operations review
meetings (i.e. Constructability, HIRA (Hazard Identification and Risk
Analysis, and Lessons Learned).
* Provide engineering support to the assigned Subsea Project in terms of
reviewing calculations, document reviews, technical query management,
interface management and general project engineering.
* Actively work with other technical functions within McDermott
(Engineering, Fabrication, and Installation) to ensure that cross-
function interfaces are managed.
* Assist in coordination of interfacing activities with subcontractors/
vendors, clients and third parties throughout the project life cycle.
* Attend kick-off meetings, pre-production meetings, and regular (weekly,
monthly) progress meetings with subcontractors/vendors and clients.
* Ensure subcontractors/vendors adhere to the delivery schedule and cost
* Ensuring that subcontractor/vendor documentation is issued on schedule
and in compliance to specification, scope of work and subcontract terms
* Liaise with McDermott s quality personnel and inspectors at site for
ensuring that manufacturing confirms to the design specifications and
* Regular monitoring of progress through site visits, including attendance
at FAT and load-out as required.
* Report all delays / technical issues / discrepancies to project and
advise/recommend remedial solutions. Facilitate timely problem resolution
with the project team members.
* Oversee the technical aspects of the mobilization, demobilization, and
* Any other duties as required by the Project Manager or their delegate.
* Reports to Project Manager and Construction Manager.
* Responsible for financial and technical success of area of project.
* Acts as a deputy PM and takes over for PM at certain stages of the
* Assists and ensures preparation of Project Execution Plan (PEP), Project
Scope of Work and Change Orders.
* Prepares weekly internal and customer reports, project procedures,
project meeting minutes and subcontract package scopes.
* In support of the Procurement process, prepares Material Take-offs, scope
of work, and assemble technical specifications and drawings. Evaluates
tender proposals from subcontractors/vendors.
* Monitors/expedites/reviews procedures and calculations approval, delivery
of materials and equipment with Procurement Manager.
* Responsible for daily progress updates, use and development of Lessons
Learned across project and documents for client approval.
* Examine the contract scope of work to ascertain project engineering work
scope to be performed.
* Assign work and monitor the work scope issued to the project engineers
and associate project engineers in completion of the work.
* Inspect and approve all Project Engineering documentation produced by
Project and Associate Project Engineers.
* Ensures all work is carried out in accordance with engineering details,
procedures, specifications, Quality Management System, project design
basis, quality plan, and HSES plan.
* Interface with the discipline design engineers to ensure the correct
inputs are utilized in the design process (e.g. Structural Design, Pipe
* Maintain contact with the Project Team to provide technical support where
required, e.g. client/subcontractor/vendor meeting
* Conduit for cross-functional information and data for integrated project
schedule, QC Plan with Project QA Manager and technical queries across
project disciplines and between project and suppliers.
* Manage Graduate Trainees & Project Engineers or Coordinators.
* Provide continuous support to the offshore campaign to ensure project
knowledge is consistently available during the offshore installation.
* To uphold the Company s Vision, Mission and Values Statement and
* To adhere to the Company s Ethics Policy Statement, in particular, be
trustworthy, maintain a high ethical standard and adhere to the Code of
* To accept personal responsibility for and adhere to the Company s QHS
Policy and Procedures, Substance Abuse Policy and to raise matters of
concern to the Company.
* Minimum Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Engineering
* Has senior level experience in Project Engineering and offshore
* System knowledge in MS Office, MS Project, and SharePoint
Show moreShow less
Cobham Mission Systems in Wimborne have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the organisation. This permanent role...Apply For This Job
In this role, you will undertake hygiene tasks including the cleaning of equipment within production areas to the required hygiene...Apply For This Job
Date: 16-Sep-2020 Location: St Albans, GB Company: Premier Foods A great British food company Premier Foods is one of Britain’s...Apply For This Job
Role The Machine Setter will be responsible for the Setting-Up of the foiling process and overseeing the Running of the...Apply For This Job
CONNECT APPOINTMENTS ARE NOW RECRUITING – APPLY HERE NOW!! Connect Appointments has fantastic opportunities for experienced Production Operative to work...Apply For This Job