Management Accountant / Cost Accountant – Experience in manufacturing industry is essential.
Luxfer MEL Technologies is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of Magnesium and Zirconium based products and services to technology industries worldwide.
Zirconium chemicals are produced at the site from a range of raw materials. Our lightweight magnesium alloys are machined or extruded to custom shapes and specifications to meet our customer requirements, and are used in high performance, safety critical aerospace, defence, healthcare, oil and gas and Formula 1.
We are a forward-thinking business with approximately 300 employees across the UK & US, and have a rewarding career opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our growing UK based Finance Team, in a newly created role.
What will I receive in return?
As a Management Accountant, you will receive a salary in the region of £40,000 to £45,000 with the level dependent on experience and qualifications, and you will have the potential to earn an annual bonus. You will also benefit from:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Company pension
* Participate in company share option scheme
* Free on-site parking
You will be employed on a permanent contract, working predominantly Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm from our head office in Swinton, Greater Manchester. Flexibility with working hours will be required due to the nature of the role.
What will this role of Management Accountant entail?
Reporting to the Financial Controller, as the Management Accountant you’ll play an integral role in period end reporting and ensure all inventory related provisions are posted in an accurate and timely manner. You’ll monitor, review and update standard prices in SAP S4 / HANA while liaising with the production managers on improving and streamlining manufacturing processes to evaluate costs.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Maintenance and updating of standard costs, labour rates, and machine rates
* Completing quarterly cost roll-ups
* Inventory provisions and inventory analysis
* Undertaking Unrealised Profit in Inventory Provision calculations
* Transfer pricing analysis and variance analysis
* Completing balance sheet reconciliations
What will I need to be considered for this Management Accountant vacancy?
* Proven experience as a Cost Accountant / Management Accountant within the manufacturing industry
* Be either fully or part qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
* Knowledge of BOMs and routings, transfer pricing calculations, Unrealised Profit in Inventory Provision calculations, inventory provisions and adjustments and year-end audit requirements
* IT literate, with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* High level of attention to detail
More about us:
We are an innovative technology driven business where Customer First, Integrity, Accountability, Innovation, Personal Development and Teamwork are our core values. At Luxfer we are passionate about what we do; the products we develop and manufacture and our long-term partnership with our customers.
All applications for this Management Accountant / Cost Accountant vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
We are looking for exceptional talent to join our Branch Network as a Customer Account Manager. Everyday Loans is a...Apply For This Job
9 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave) A vacancy has arisen in our Developer Finance for a Senior...Apply For This Job
Precision Investment Castings Ltd (PIC) is proud to be one of the longest serving manufacturers of investment castings in Europe...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Mortgage and Protection Adviser. Basis: Full Time Permanent Employed Role. Location: Flexible home based role for experienced Mortgage Advisers with a...Apply For This Job
Specialist Protection Adviser Self-employed opportunity OTE £35-50k + uncapped limit on commissions North West/North East location Our client is one...Apply For This Job