Job TitleLegal Director (Product)
AdvertSage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-
based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll
software, we empower the world s business heroes from single-person
startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We
inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their
success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we
do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through
the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our
colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know
they ll be judged on their performance and behaviours – not their identity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job DescriptionProvide leadership, guidance and expertise on commercial legal
matters, primarily focussed on the design, development and deployment of our
solutions (including associated IP, data privacy and other regulatory
considerations) on a Global basis. Being a key legal conduit between our
central Product, Marketing, other functions and wider legal teams to ensure
collaborative and aligned legal support is consistently applied to key product
and marketing initiatives across the world (and associated commercial
* Close collaboration with central Product leadership (including product
marketing, management and engineering across our business segments) to
support central product initiatives and management of legal compliance
risk through legal strategies.
* Provide targeted and commercially focussed legal support over the product
development lifecycles on existing and new solutions.
* Be a conduit between central Product, Marketing and other functional
teams and the legal organisation to ensure that our approach to
regulation is consistently applied.
* Support Regional legal teams to interpret product infrastructure and
architecture to enable them to build robust and aligned go to market
approaches in their territories.
* Review and draft commercial legal agreements (including complex
technology focussed agreements) and central customer facing template
* Liaise with central marketing teams to ensure coordinated marketing
compliance and enablement across our solutions and our customer facing
* Provide intelligent legal support in relation to new and existing
relationships with central technology partners such as ISVs), who are key
to our ecosystem.
* Manage consistent embedding and application of strategic legal compliance
requirements (principally concerning product and marketing regulation)
working closely with the Corporate Legal, Data and Business Integrity
teams (including regular training and education).
* Guide and education the wider legal function on central product and
marketing decisions and related strategies.
* Support Sage s data strategy (e.g. AI, machine learning, analytics an
telemetry and related big data matters) in close collaboration
our DPO, CTO and Product leadership teams.
Skills, know-how and experience:
* Advanced commercial legal skills (inc. drafting and negotiation) from an
in-house or private practice environment
* In-depth commercial legal experience in a technology context (platforms
* Project oriented approach to effectively deliver seamless and consistent
commercial legal services in a multi-jurisdictional and cross functional
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
* Able to thrive in ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and successfully
manage multiple priorities.
* Advanced knowledge and application of data privacy matters.
* In depth SaaS knowledge
* Wins the trust of technology leadership teams and other senior business
colleagues and develops strong cross departmental relationships as a
trusted business partner
* Experience mentoring and coaching others
* Qualified solicitor or equivalent qualification
* Cultivates Innovation
* Subject Matter Expert
* Commercial Legal Expertise
* Legal Drafting
* Legal Negotiation
* Multi-jurisdictional environment
* Commercial Awareness
* Managing Risk and Compliance
* Knowledge of Sage’s Business
* Data Privacy Expertise
Show moreShow less
Wills, Trusts & Tax Legal Secretary Vacancy – Chester About the Role As a Legal Secretary in the WTT team...Apply For This Job
Criminal Appeals Solicitors & Caseworkers – London Job Description: Duncan Lewis, a progressive law firm with offices throughout England and...Apply For This Job
Job IntroductionThe London Insurance Group forms part of the firm’s Global Practice Group. It deals with high-value, complex claims and...Apply For This Job
Children Panel Member – London Job Description: We are currently looking to expand our Child Care Department by recruiting committed...Apply For This Job
Senior Editor, Practical Law Europe Thomson Reuters Publishing / Editorial 9/13/2020 1:03:54 AM Madrid, Spain Job Description Business Unit: Legal...Apply For This Job