Xihelm is a venture-backed startup developing the first viable automated
handwork robot to harvest crops in industrial greenhouses. We are passionate
about revolutionizing farming, and we are looking for exceptional people to
join us in that mission.
Here you will join a small team of engineers committed to solving unique
engineering challenges. You will work on a diverse and stimulating range of
projects applying cutting-edge research at the forefront of computer vision and
As the leader of the research team, you will play a critical role in our
efforts to use our technology to push the state of the art on robotic
Working with minimal supervision
* Owning and moving forward as appropriate (and maintaining) everything AI
related (mainly computer vision, motion planning, how to grasp object,
initial state, datasets, directing labelling efforts, dataset quality,
retraining models on new data, iterating improvements to model,
integration of the model in to stack, camera/arm/sensor positions/choice,
design input into hardware design to e.g. maximise free space, running
simulations to validate model before trying in the field).
o segmentation, 3D scene understanding, pose estimation and robotic
motion planning and control.
o Managing the work of our data labelling team
* Write software at quality to incorporate updated models (passing PR
reviews etc) in DL PyTorch, PyBullet, Python, MoveIt, ROS generally,
* Report and present findings and developments including status and results
clearly and efficiently using a hypothesis-driven development ,
avoiding going round in circles.
* Helping to maintain the ROS-based current stack
* Working through field problems that arise and solving those problems (not
necessarily Computer Vision)
* Developing and maintaining the Python+ROS software stack on the robotic
Location London or Remote (but you should be able to get to London UK within
24hrs if necessary). Visa sponsorship may be available.
Hours 10am-3pm UK required hours, and a normal working week. Rarely we may ask
for a weekend.
Travel to our London workshops and to customer sites in the UK and Netherlands
for testing and improvements to active or in-test/development robots as needed.
We expect that to be around 5% of the time, and may involve overnight trips.
Agencies No agencies or consultants, thanks – please do not forward resumes or
CVs – Xihelm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes or
Note We are recruiting on a rolling application basis, so this favours applying
early. It is possible we may hire a candidate who is further along in the
application pipeline and then (with regret) will cancel your application before
or after any interviews.
Salary range 60,000 – 120,000 (UK rates shown; adjusted for local labour
Equity range 0.04% – 0.08%.
Job posting date 15th September 2020
Job closing date 14th October 2020
* PhD in a technical field
* Strong experience with Python
* Has designed/implemented/evaluated neural network architectures.
* Mathematical background of Linear Algebra and Calculus at least at
* PhD involving machine learning, computer science, robotics, physics,
electrical engineering or equivalent.
* Working knowledge of pytorchor similar frameworks
* Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualisation
* A passion for AI and robotics
Nice to haves
* Worked in (or started) a start-up
* Working knowledge of C/C++
Benefits include (UK staff)
* 25 working days holiday (UK standard is 20), and generous discretionary
* Private pension contributions; health, dental, life and illness insurance
* Working with robots in the real world – can be fun
* Share options – be an owner, not just an employee
* Team events out (previously did mini-golf, interactive quizzes, axe
* Learning & development opportunities
* Potential to become a leader in your field
* Tonnes of responsibility and limitless opportunity
Show moreShow less
At Cromwell we support amazing businesses in the UK and internationally to keep their operations running and people safe, and...Apply For This Job
Forcepoint is seeking a qualified full-time Professional Services Data Engineer working on client site to facilitate configuration, data integration and...Apply For This Job
We have an exciting opportunity for a Security Controller, reporting into the Head of Operations within Ultra Maritime based in...Apply For This Job
Digital Product Owner Competitive Salary – Based in Newbury, Berkshire Saint-Gobain – Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' five...Apply For This Job
Are you looking to build a career in IT and have no or very limited experience? If you are technically...Apply For This Job