offers a wide range of laboratory support services designed to save our customers time and money. These services range from centralised glass washing to research technician activities. However, they all share a central theme in supporting our customers and allowing them to recover valuable research time to increase the productivity of their labs.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a lab technician tech to join our service providing support to the Alderley Park Site (SK104TG)
. The successful candidate will report to the Avantor Team Leader and will be task managed on a day-to day basis within the client environment.
This role is multi-disciplinary and underpins the laboratory support operations. The laboratory technician’s role directly and indirectly supports scientists across R & D functions allowing scientists to concentrate on their core roll. This role is to be lab based focusing on the delivery of support to the laboratories in accordance with Health and Safety and GLS requirements. This exciting opportunity would ideally suit an individual who seeks an opportunity within a science based environment with the opportunity for wider cross function working and career progression within science. You will be trained in the techniques specific to the department and be responsible for a range of general laboratory duties including management of consumables including ordering stock solutions, waste management within the area and lab housekeeping.
– To carry out all scientific support activities in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines and local agreements.
– Proactively deliver the operational laboratory support managing workload and service levels as required by the group – complete core activities in adherence with defined schedules and quality within specific areas.
– Act as Point of Contact for customers, actively engaging with them on a regular basis to understand their business requirements.
– Proactively identify and support operational effectiveness by implementing process improvements.
– Data entry and analysis using packages including excel if required.
– Maintain records for equipment servicing and routine experiments to desired regulations if required.
– Maintenance and cleaning of a number of laboratory equipment and instruments including water baths as required.
– Lab organizational activities.
– Liaise with key purchasing contacts to enable more cost effective expenditure.
– Maintain and organize laboratory consumable inventories.
– Maintenance of point of use (PoU’s) Kanban stores by daily replenishment.
– Provide key metrics in line with relevant KPIs within defined SLA’s.
Skills, knowledge & competencies
– Laboratory knowledge of research, purchasing processes and procedures, Health and Safety.
– Experience of carrying out technician laboratory activities in a timely manner and to the correct standards
– Able to partner with other teams and suppliers and deliver results in a matrix environment, managing multiple internal/external partners and stakeholders
– Proven willingness to work flexibly in a team with minimal direct supervision.
– Identifying, implementation and sharing continual improvements processes.
– Proven ability to take on new activities in an efficient manner and to support and train others to a level of competency with the role.
– Proven ability to manage customers expectations and provide a professional level of customer service.
– Excellent communicator at all levels and enjoys working as part of a team.
– Proficient in data capture, analysis and reporting, utilising various IT systems.
– Self motivated, energetic, dependable, honest and attention to detail.
This opportunity not only offers the chance to work in a dynamic growing R & D team but also in a company that is looking to expand in an exciting area of research. These positions also offers a competitive salary and benefits package, with a flexible approach to work in line with your qualifications and experience. We offer a 12 month full time role.
We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role.
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Applications are invited for an enthusiastic individual to work within the Blood Sciences Department of Lewisham and Greenwich Trust. The...Apply For This Job
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations...Apply For This Job
Weldricks is a family owned pharmacy with over 64 stores and more than 600 dedicated employees in stores across South...Apply For This Job
Research Associate in Time Resolved Endoscopy Vacancy Ref: : 053149 Closing Date : 05-Oct-2020 Contact Person : Prof Robert Henderson...Apply For This Job
About The Role Clinical Unit Manager Quarry Hall, Newport Road, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 5TW As a Unit Manager at...Apply For This Job